AMD has unveiled its new AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX and Radeon RX 7900 XT gaming graphics cards, a product that puts its direct rival NVIDIA in serious trouble.
This new range of GPUs with RDNA 3 technology offers very high performance and energy efficiency compared to its competition. These GPUs are ideal for those who want to play in 4K with high frame rates. In addition, they include improvements of evolved techniques FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) 2.2 and the future FSR 3 that adds an extra boost in frames in all games, an ideal combo to activate Raytracing and not lose fluidity. In addition, these GPUs do not require ATX 3.0 and the obligation to buy a new power supply with the problematic 12VHPWR cable.
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX and RX 7900 XT Key Features
Incorporating AMD’s advanced chiplet design and based on the innovative AMD RDNA 3 architecture, the new cards offer a number of new and improved features that enhance the gaming experience. Key features include:
- AMD RDNA 3 architecture – With an advanced chiplet design, redesigned compute units and 2nd generation AMD Infinity Cache technology, the RDNA 3 architecture delivers up to 54% more performance per watt than RDNA 2.
- Chiplet Design – The world’s first gaming GPU with chiplet design delivers up to 15% higher frequencies with 54% greater power efficiency.
- Generational Upgrade – The flagship AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX delivers up to 1.7x the 4K performance of the Radeon RX 6950 XT.
- DisplayPort 2.1 support – The industry’s only high-end graphics cards to support DisplayPort 2.1 technology with UHBR 13.5, enabling high-resolution 4K (up to 480 Hz) or 8K (up to 165 Hz) gaming on next-generation displays.
AMD has also announced several updates to its software suite, including the next iteration of the popular FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) temporal scaling technology, FSR 2.2, which is expected to be available in Forza Horizon 5 on November 8, 2022. AMD has also announced that it plans to release FSR 3 with AMD Fluid Motion Frames technology in 2023.
AMD also announced AMD Advantage for Desktop PCs, which brings the AMD Advantage framework to desktops, merging high-end AMD Ryzen 7950x processors and AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics cards with AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition and AMD Smart Technologies to deliver the ultimate platform for gamers and creators.
Pricing and Availability
- AMD Radeon RX 7900 Series graphics cards are expected to be available from AMD.com starting December 13, and from AMD partners starting mid-December.
- The AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX has a starting price of $999, while the AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT has a starting price of $899.