With this shopping guide, What Android TV or mini PC buy in 2021? we want to present in a simple list the best models available in the market. In this guide you will also find help to have a selection criteria and thus choose them regarding your personal needs. If you have any doubt please ask us and we will guide you.
- We may earn a small commission for purchases using our links.
Table of Contents
BEST ANDROID TV 2021
NVIDIA Shield TV
Chromecast with Google TV
Xiaomi Mi Box S
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K / Lite
Xiaomi Mi TV Stick
MINIX NEO U22-XJ
Beelink GT-King X
Mecool K5 – DVB-S2/T2/C tuners
BEST SMART TV WITH ANDROID TV 2021
Sony Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
Phillips / TCL / Xiaomi Smart TV – UK and Europe
BEST MINI PC 2021
AMD Ryzen mini PC
Intel Mini PC with NVidia GPU
Beelink mini PC
AMD Ryzen APU
ASRock fanless motherboards
Aluminium Fanless Mini PC
BEST FLY MOUSE AND ADD-ONS 2021
- Logitech K400 keyboard with trackpad control zone.
- Logitech Basic Keyboard and mouse combo economic and quality.
- Fly Mouse with keyboard and voice, some with backlight.
- Fly Mouse with voice, cheap solution with no keyboard.
- USB 3.0 pendrive to expand internal storage.
- External hard disk up to 3GB to save media.
- Bluetooth Gamepad to play games
- Basic Webcam to do video chat.
Android TV-Box or mini PC ?
- Android TV-Box – It is an Android device in TV-Box or TV-Stick format that offers us the possibility of converting our screen or TV into an Android device, with it we have the option of having all of this system’s apps on the big screen. You can use it as a multimedia player such as KODI or LibreELEC system, streaming applications such as Netflix, play games, use desktop apps and use file download managers.
- Mini PC – These mini PCs are small computers usually with Windows 10 fully functional, we can use them as a conventional PC but with a minimum consumption and they are mostly fanless. We can use it as a desktop PC with office suites, simple games or HTPC.
Common uses and recommendations
- If we have any problem with one of these models we recommend following the Guide to solutions for common problems where we explain how to deal with hardware problems, such as reinstalling Firmware, Windows or managing your warranty.
- Brand support : Some Android TV-Box and mini PC devices have a very low price and we usually do not find information about them. Normally these devices are products of a unknown brand that does not offer support to their products with what is possible that then we find problems with their firmware, hardware deficient or with variations within the same model. We recommend models that we have tested and brands that we know give at least a minimum support to their devices.
- Power : At power level we need to browse and watch movies at least 2GB of RAM and a Quad Core processor, all models in this selection have enough hardware for these needs.