A new version of EmuELEC v4.6 BETA emulator is now available for download. As a great novelty we have initial support for Amlogic S905X4 SoCs, as well as Rockchip RK3566 and RK3568.
With this new version, we can test emulation performance on the popular Amlogic S905X4 SoCs. It is also possible to test them on the somewhat inferior Rockchip RK3566 and RK3568 SoCs. With these options, EmuELEC opens up to hardware that is a bit more future-proof and readily available in online stores these days. We hope that in the final version of EmuELEC 4.6 we will have better support and more stable performance.
EmuELEC v4.6 BETA Installation Tutorial
- Download EmuELEC v4.6 BETA, on the right in menu Releases
– Use S905X4/RK3566/RK3568 generic device tree file.
- To install read our EmuELEC v4 installation and user guide.
EmuELEC v4.6 BETA Change List
- Initial support for S905X4.
- New image available for older devices s905, s905x, s905(?) you can choose from Amlogic-ng or Amlogic-old but this image is using a very old kernel and some emulators do not work including, duckstation, same_cdi, and probably others. This will hopefully fix issues that many older low end devices have with the Amlogic-ng image.
- New devices supported, FireFly M2 (RK3566), FireFly P2 (RK3568) EmuELEC-RK356x and Hardkernel Odroid M1 (RK3568) EmuELEC-OdroidM1 are now supported.