Another firmware available for the TV-Box MINIX NEO U22-XJ Smart Box includes the Hexa Core Amlogic S922XJ SoC. This device has 4GB DDR4 and the storage is 32GB eMMc expandable thanks to a microSD card reader that we have on one side if we do not have enough. Regarding wireless connectivity, the MINIX NEO U22-XJ has WiFi 2 × 2 MIMO and Bluetooth 4.2 with external antenna and Bluetooth 4.1. At the interface level we have on the side of the quadrangular box three USB 3.0 Type-A ports and a USB 3.0 Type-C port, while in the rear we have Gigabit Ethernet connector, SPDIF digital audio output, HDMI 2.1 4K @ 60fps and a 3.5mm audio output jack. The system installed is Android 9 with the classic MINIX custom layer that includes as a launcher.
- MINIX NEO U22-XJ can be purchased in advance on Aliexpress.com, Amazon.com, Gearbest.com or Geekbuying.com only for $169.9 (156€) with free shipping.
- Download the Firmware / ROM for MINIX NEO U22-XJ with SoC Amlogic S922X-J v006A
- We recommend using method 1-A of the manual with SD card.
- If we want to update from PC with method 1-B take into account:
– Use the included USB Type-C cable and a USB 2.0 port on our PC if possible.
– In the MCU settings menu, autostart mode must be DEACTIVATED. If we don’t, it will give us an error.
– Use Amlogic Burning Tool version 2.2.0 or higher, available in the manual.
- Update the firmware following our Amlogic Update Guide
- Removed Root Switch
- Fixed Ethernet
- Fixed NEO A3 Voice Input