Today we present a guide to update your TV-Box with SoC Realtek like the new model RTD1295, this is a easy procedure using the firmware file. For this update method we will need a PC and a USB to USB Type-A cable.
- NOTE: AndroidPCtv is not responsible for problems that may cause a firmware change.
- We have two different packages for the update of the Realtek SoC, you have to download the tool according to the firmware files you have, usually the first one.
- Download Realtek USB Tool WITHOUT KEY v008_1005811.4 (We only have IMG file)
- Download Realtek USB Tool WITH KEY v008_1005811.4 (We have IMG file + HDCP KEY file)
- PC with Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- USB to USB Type-A cable
- Run Setup.exe file as Administrator with right mouse button on Windows.
- Follow the steps indicated, install requirements and restart when the system ask.
- Reboot the PC
- Disconnect the power cord on the Realtek TV-Box
- Start the program “Launch rtumdfsample.exe” installed in Windows, you will see this menu.
- Connect the USB cable from our PC to the TV-Box in the USB 3.0 connector.
- Connect the power adapter for the TV-Box to start the procedure
- The program will activate a green Android icon in position 01
Select the Firmware file with extension “. img ” on the directory where you downloaded it
Select the KEY file on the directory where you downloaded it
- When we have loaded the file then will appear a red icon
- Press the red icon and the update process will start
- When it reaches 100% the process will be over.
- Disconnect the TV-Box and reconnect it, wait for the to finish the first startup.
Where the KEY file on the directory
The key file has to come with your firmware, usually is very obvious.
If you do not have it, use the app without a key.
Download links are dead please repost them !
Links updated. 🙂