Today we present a guide to update your TV-Box with SoC Realtek like the new model RTD1295, this is a easy procedure using the firmware file. For this update method we will need a PC and a USB to USB Type-A cable.
- NOTE: AndroidPCtv is not responsible for problems that may cause a firmware change.
- We have two different packages for the update of the Realtek SoC, you have to download the tool according to the firmware files you have, usually the first one.
- Download Realtek USB Tool WITHOUT KEY v008_1005811.4 (We only have IMG file)
- Download Realtek USB Tool WITH KEY v008_1005811.4 (We have IMG file + HDCP KEY file)
- PC with Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- USB to USB Type-A cable
- Run file as Administrator with right mouse button on Windows.
- Follow the steps indicated, install requirements and restart when the system ask.
- Reboot the PC
- Disconnect the power cord on the Realtek TV-Box
- Start the program “Launch ” installed in Windows, you will see this menu.
- Connect the USB cable from our PC to the TV-Box in the USB 3.0 connector.
- Connect the power adapter for the TV-Box to start the procedure
- The program will activate a green Android icon in position 01
Select the Firmware file with extension “. img ” on the directory where you downloaded it
Select the KEY file on the directory where you downloaded it
- When we have loaded the file then will appear a red icon
- Press the red icon and the update process will start
- When it reaches 100% the process will be over.
- Disconnect the TV-Box and reconnect it, wait for the to finish the first startup.