On our website we always like to explain which devices are compatible and what streaming quality can be found in the different streaming services that we can use on Android PC and mini PC devices. In this case we will see what the Amazon Prime Video service offers us and where we can see it in HD and UHD 4K quality.
Table of Contents
PRICES AND SIMULTANEOUS USERS
- The Amazon Prime Video service can be used freely with our Premium account, depending on the region is included or not in this plan.
- The system allows up to 3 users at a time for account although in the app we do not have different profiles for users.
- The devices we use are registered in our Amazon settings and we can unsubscribe them.
QUALITY AND COMPATIBLE DEVICES
Normally the Amazon Prime Video app for Android works in SD quality in most of the Android TV-Box that we have tested, even with the most basic DRM permissions the system works without problems. This service is IS compatible with the Chromecast function.
- Amazon Prime Video app for Android Mobile in Google Play or download here the apk for Android Mobile
Devices with Android TV or Fire OS can use another specific version of this app. We also have the same certification needs to see the service in HD or 4K, check our list of devices.
- The best option to watch Amazon Prime Video in 4K is using a Amazon Fire device such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV with 16GB of storage is compatible with 4K UHD, can be purchased Amazon.com or Newegg.com for only $129.99
- Apple TV also allow us 4K and 5.1 sound.
- Xiaomi Mi Box S also works in 4K UHD but we need to install the APK manually, check our detailed review, prices is $50.
- Install Amazon Prime Video app if your device is compatible or install the last Amazon Prime Video APK for Android TV manually.
– Download Prime Video apk v4.13.4 extracted from the Xiaomi Mi Box S (stable in Mi Box, max 1080p)
– Download Prime Video apk v4.10.3 for Android TV (more stable 1080p)
– Check our Android TV User Manual to install the apk app in Android TV
PC or Mac
We can see this Amazon Prime video in HD from any browser compatible with HTML5 on Windows, Linux or OSX, this format is the system recommended by Amazon for computers. There is no native application inside the Windows store or the App Store on Mac.
- We can see contents of this Amazon service by entering your website PrimeVideo.com
- Streaming in browsers reaches HD quality (720p) the audio track will always be in stereo.
Smart TV and other devices
The Amazon Prime Video application is very widespread and we can find it in an infinity of devices mostly in models from 2014 to the present. We can see a complete list of models from this link.
- Smart TV or Blu ray players: Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense or Vizio. In these devices we have HD quality or 4K UHD with HDR, we also have 5.1 sound depending on the device, where we have it connected and its capabilities.
- Consoles: PS3 / PS4, Xbox 360 / One and Wii / Wii U. The maximum quality is HD and have 5.1 sound for PS and Xbox while in Wii it stays in stereo.
CHECK THE STREAMING QUALITY
In some devices we can see what quality we are seeing streaming, next to the time scale we can see different texts that indicate quality, if nothing is shown it is SD, then HD, HD 1080p and finally 4K. In the following image we can see how it indicates to what quality we are reproducing the chapter that we have on screen.