A few months ago the GeForce NOW service began to be officially available Android but not on Android TV OS apart from the NVidia Shield TV, now with a new version of this app we can already play our games purchased on PC on our Xiaomi Mi Box or on a Smart TV with Android TV OS system. This service has a catalog of titles where it is possible to play many multiplayer AAA free games such as Fortnite, Destiny 2, Warframe or PUBG running on state-of-the-art hardware, although lately it has suffered many losses when companies like 2K, Activision or Bethesda among others retired.
The NVIDIA Geforce NOW system allows us to access a large catalog of PC games running on a Virtual PC managed by Nvidia. This machine has the latest hardware with all the updated game drivers and patches and so we forget about these concerns, we just have to add it to our GeForce NOW library and launch it from this application.
The GeForce NOW service offers us two access plans, one free with unlimited sessions of one hour (after one hour we will have to leave and re-enter) and we also have the Founders option that for a fee gives us priority access, RTX and 6 hours connection, for now this format is out of stock waiting to add more capacity to your servers. The games must be previously purchased on any platform and link your accounts with Geforce Now.
Installation and use
- Download the GeForce NOW APP compatible with Android TV OS
- Once the APK is downloaded from our PC, we copy the file to a USB flash drive.
- We run the APK on our Android TV with a file manager like X-Plorer that is free in the Google Play Store.
- We accept permissions from unknown sources if we do not already have them activated.
- RESTART THE DEVICE
Installation and use
- Android 5.0 or higher
- GEForce NOW account.
- Connection requirements: 15Mbps to see it 720p at 60fps / 25Mbps to see it at 1080p at 60fps.
- It is recommended to use Ethernet connection and Wifi 5G, Wifi 2.4G or mobile data is not recommended.
- To play we can use any cable gamepad or Bluetooth model such as PS4.
- Also compatible with keyboard and mouse on Android that allows you to play as on a PC.