We are going to review in this article the best torrent client to download torrents this 2021 that is already ending. One of the preferred and most efficient platforms for sharing content that we can use on any platform.
To use these applications and get the best torrent we only need to download a client, the program that opens the doors to share our content with others thanks to torrent files or magnet links. Nowadays these programs consume few resources for the hardware we have available, and it is an excellent alternative to achieve high speed peaks with decentralized downloads and we only have to take into account several points that we discuss below.
Table of Contents
What is a Torrent?
It is a Torrent file that contains the information about the container of one or various download files. Normally, we will find it in file format with .torrent extension, but we can also send it directly to our Torrent application by means of a magnet link (with magnet icon).
When we open the Torrent file or click on the magnet link our Torrent client (program) thanks to the data it contains puts us in contact with other users who have fragments of these files, this client thanks to the P2P protocol joins them until we get the complete file.
What is a Torrent client?
The torrent client is a program that opens Torrent files or magnet links to manage the downloads of the files we are interested in. This program connects with the P2P protocol with other computers that are running at that moment another Torrent client to exchange parts of files. It also allows us to manage the priorities and download order from our device or remotely using the network.
Cautions when downloading Torrent
Thanks to the decentralized philosophy of Torrent and the P2P protocol we have little risk in the network itself network to download, the most common problems are in the websites we visit to search for Torrent files or the download sites of the clients. We always recommend to take some basic common sense precautions.
- Only use trusted and well known Torrent websites, avoid suspicious websites.
- Use antivirus on your PC, Windows antivirus is quite good.
- Read comments about the Torrent on the web where we are going to download it, they will give us information about its authenticity.
- After downloading, never execute an exe file inside a Torrent if it is suspicious.
- Use a VPN service to hide your connection if you think it is convenient.
Best Torrent client for Windows, macOS or Linux
Undoubtedly one of the preferred platforms for downloading Torrent on Windows, macOS or Linux, the flexibility in storage and power of these devices allows us to download large amounts of content without limits. There are some points to keep in mind when using a Torrent client.
- The Windows antivirus can mark the Torrent client as a virus, it is a false positive.
- If the antivirus gives us problems within its options, we can manually mark that the file as not malicious.
- Normally, it is not necessary, but if we have low download speed open the client ports or change them.
The BitTorrent client is the original of this platform and its basic functions offer us an updated system with all the main features. If we are looking for something with more features we can go to other solutions. It is possible to install it on Windows, macOS, Linux, it also has Android version and web option.
Undoubtedly, uTorrent is one of the most popular clients nowadays. Despite its small size, it allows us to download Torrent in a very simple way and with a very friendly user environment. It has multiple options to schedule downloads. It is available in Windows, macOS, Linux and even Android or web version.
- Download only the uTorrent Classic Free version, Pro versions are not necessary for which you have to pay.
Another very popular client is qBittorrent, a program with more options than the previous ones that offers us the possibility to manage downloads in detail, it also has some extensions to improve its features. Unlike uTorrent we will not have advertising or Pro versions, it is totally free. Compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux systems.
If we are looking for simplicity, Web Torrent is one of the best alternatives we have available. An app that allows us to play the contents directly in our browser while downloading the file, it can also capture magnet links and has no advertising. It is compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux.
Best Torrent client for Android
For the Android operating system we also have specific versions that we can install on our mobiles, Tv-box, Smart TV with Android TV or tablet. Although there are several points to keep in mind when using it.
- Torrent applications on Android consume quite a lot of battery, we must take this into account if we use a mobile device.
- We may have permissions problems with the Android system to define where we save the files. Depending on the application and the Android version we will have to manually grant permissions or it will simply not be compatible.
- It is better a TV-Box or Smart TV with Ethernet and USB ports than a TV-Stick, as this will require an extra USB Hub.
We also have BitTorrent Android client version, a fairly simple version that offers the same capabilities of the computer version with some simplified points. If we want to have more options, perhaps we are interested in other versions, but this may be the most compatible with our device or Android permissions.
We also have available uTorrent Android that offers us a good user environment and totally free for our mobile, tablet, Smart TV or TV-Box with Android. We just have to install it and download directly by clicking on the torrent file we want, it also supports magnet links directly from the web.
The Flud app is one of the best torrent clients for Android alternative to the official ones, it offers us a very simple management system with a neat user environment. The free version has very little advertising and will not bother us too much. If we want to buy the Pro version it only costs $1.49 / €1.65 and completely eliminates advertising.