We are going to explain in a simple way how to install apps with their APK files on our Smart TV, Android TV-BOX via USB or Fire TV Stick without USB.
It is very easy to install an APK file via USB, but many times this type of TV-Stick devices do not have USB ports or micro SD slots to connect an external memory. It may also be more convenient to do it wirelessly. If you have any questions, leave your question in the comments and we will help you.
INSTALL APK FROM FILE EXPLORER
Once we have the downloaded APK file we can install it very easily using any file explorer. As options, we can copy it to a USB stick to connect to the TV-Box, but if we do not have USB port we must use the method explained at the end of this guide.
Installing APK on Smart TV or Android TV-Box
- Install from Google Play a file explorer such as X-Plore or CX-Explorer.
- Run file explorer on Android TV-Box or Smar TV.
- Connect USB with the APK in the device where we want to install it.
- Search APK file, for example from the USB drive where the APK was copied.
- Click on the APK and accept permissions of “Unknown origins” if it asks us.
– If we have problems with the permissions we can give them manually to the app:
Android TV = Settings > Application > Permissions > Storage > OK
Fire OS = Settings > Applications > Application Management > App > Permissions > Storage > OK
- The app will be available in our list of installed apps, NOT on the desktop.
SEND APK TO OUR ANDROID TV-STICK FROM MOBILE PHONE
If we do not have USB port on our Android TV-Stick or Fire TV-Stick to use a pendrive we can install an APK from our mobile remotely. We download the file on the mobile from a download link and send it to our Android device.
- If we want to install a USB in our TV-Stick depending on the connector that we have we can buy:
– microUSB OTG cable + HUB USB 3.0
– USB-C hub with power connector
How to use Send Files to TV to install APKs
Undoubtedly one of the most comfortable and simple apps to install any APK on our target device is to use the Send Files to TV app, we can find it in any app store with a simple search.
The app must be installed on our Smart TV or TV-Stick and it is also necessary to install it on our Smartphone or PC to send the files we download from there. The way to use it is very simple, and it is quite fast.
Install Send Files to TV on our Smart TV or Fire TV Stick
- Download Send Files to TV using Google Play or App Store on our Android TV or Fire OS
Install on our mobile or PC
- Download Send Files to TV for Android
- Download Send Files to TV for Fire OS
- Download Send Files to TV for Windows
How to use Send Files to TV
- Download the APK we are interested in to our mobile or PC, for example:
– HBO for Android TV ideal for the Fire TV Stick.
– KODI for Android ARMv7 will also work well on the Fire TV Stick.
- Run Send Files to TV where we have downloaded the APK (smartphone or PC).
– In Android click on SEND and select the APK.
– In Windows on the icon next to the clock right button SEND FILES…
- Select the APK file you have downloaded in the Download folder or in Downloads.
- Select the destination device that will receive the files, for example AFTSSS, Bravia or Google TV.
- Click on Send and the destination device will automatically receive it by downloading it to the Download folder.
- We will only have to run the APK from a file explorer to install it, as explained in the first point of this guide.
- Connect an Android device with your PC through SAMBA
- SAMBA on Android, connection with Windows and alternatives
- How to configure KODI with a SAMBA network in a simple way
- NFS server in Windows to share files with Android devices