Today we present a guide to run TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) on our Android TV-Box with Amlogic S905, S905X, S912 or S905X2 SoC. A system that allows us to have a recovery menu with many more options and that allows us to install modifications, back up or recover our system easily.
- FIND A FIRMWARE: You can use the search of our web, if we do not have it published we don’t have it, ask to your shop
- NOTE: AndroidPCtv is not responsible for problems that may cause a firmware change. If your TV-Box works well, do not change.
LAUNCH TWRP IN YOUR TV-BOX
These compilations of TWRP are developed by users altruistically, the compatibility with all TV-Box is not guaranteed. They can be tested without fear because they only run temporarily and do not modify the TV-Box.
- USB drive or a microSD card formatted in FAT32 format
- Keyboard or mouse to control TWRP
- Download the recovery file that corresponds to our SoC:
– TWRP S905X2 / S922 for Android 9
– TWRP S905X2 (thanks to the user ViT)
– TWRP S905X
– TWRP S905
– TWRP S912 for Android 6 / TWRP S912 for Android 7
- If you locate a new TWRP that we do not have please share it with us , we will add it, thank you.
Boot our Android TV-Box with TWRP
- Copy the recovery.img file to the root folder of the USB memory or SD card
- Introduce our SD or USB drive in the TV-Box.
- With the TV-Box off (take out the DC power cord) we introduce our SD or USB drive.
We keep the Flash Mode button pressed (some models are inside the audio/av jack) and insert the DC power cord to turn it on, wait for the update percentage to appear automatically.
- If we have managed to start TWRP, we will have on screen the buttons menu of this recovery system
– We need a keyboard or mouse to move through the TWRP system
- If we reboot the TV-Box we will have the classic Recovery since it is only temporarily executed
BASIC CONCEPTS ABOUT TWRP
INSTALL FIRMWARE OR MODS USING TWRP
- In our SD card or USB drive formatted in FAT32 we need the following files:
– ZIP file with the firmware or modification to install
- We restart in TWRP mode as explained in the first point of this manual
- Click on the Install button
- Click on the Select Storage icon and select the units where we have located the ZIP to install
- We select the ZIP file from the unit file list
- To install the firmware we move the arrows to the right with our mouse, the installation process will start
- Once installed the firmware will give us the option to make Wipe Cache / Dalvik, we recommend doing it
- We restart the device (this TWRP has a bug and we need to disconnect the TV-Box physically)
- The system may take a while to start because different packages will be installed in the boot process
- We recommend doing a factory reset from the Android settings if we have installed a major modification
IMPOSSIBLE TO RECOVER THE TV-BOX
If our TV-Box is not recovered by any flash method we may be trying to update in the wrong way, it is advisable to repeat the previous instructions step by step, if it still does not recover we recommend reading the following guide.
OTHER ANDROID TV TUTORIALS
- Amlogic SoC Update Guide
- Allwinner SoC Update Guide
- Rockchip SoC Update Guide
LibreELEC a quick installation guide for the TV-Boxes with Android
is anyone have twrp 3.2.2 for s905x2 and s905x, give me link please!
Try the XDA Developers forum?
Will TWRP S905X2 work for S905Y2 devices?
According to a CoreELEC forum thread, the S905Y2 can use the TWRP of the S905X, though I would have thought the -X2’s TWRP would be more logical, since the -Y2 is just the -X2 with a few features stripped from the SOC…
SOMEONE CAN HELP TO GET TWRP RECOVERY MODE FOR HK1 RBOX W2
I need twrp and other files, in order to root my x96max S905x3
How to back up the system
Hi, I’ll try it with my Alfawise A12 plus, since I’m stuck in the config system with a rom I installed, but I can’t get into developer options nor usb debuggin. I can’t find the way to enter recovery mode with the keys the projector has.
test it on DreamMax B9S2X
Hi, can you help me, I’m in trouble, I don’t know where to turn, I have:
Model: Beelink gt1
Android security level: August 1, 2017
Kernel version: 3.14.29 gwx @ AZW # 1
I followed this tutorial https://androidpctv.com/tutorial-install-twrp-android-tvbox-amlogic/ the black screen remains, nothing starts how can I do? Where am I wrong? What am I missing?
Thanks in advance
TWRP just no compatible.
Install the official firmware with a IMG file using a PC with USB cable, use our search.
hello… i need x96air_p1_20191017-1536 firmware and the compatible software to install from SD card (TWRP for X905x3 of X96 air_p1)
I have a X96 Air (droidlogic) (firmware: x96air_p1_20191017-1536) with S905x3 and 4gb/64Gb and 100Mb lan
I try with this but it doesn’t work.. my tv box now doesn’t start… it only shows the logo but it doesn’t show the recovery menu or the android operating system.
Me too ! Did you find any solution please
same problem also… did you find a solution?
Sunwell T95K PRO 6330 3/32 works very well, thanks!
Se metto uno stuzzicadenti nell’entrata AV del mio TV BOX X96, dopo aver inserita la micro SD con dentro il file che sono sicuro essere compatibile con il mio BOX, il tv box si avvia in modalità recovery e mi appaiono queste opzioni:
Reboot system new
Reboot to bootloader
Apply update from ext
Apply update from cache
Apply update from ADB
Wipe data factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Mount / System
View recovery logs
Non mi appare la schermata di: TWRP!
Cosa devo fare?
I tried it on my X96 box, but it doesn’t work.
Because is not compatible.
I tried to test the S905X2 version of TWRP (ViT) on the A95X MAX, but it would only boot into stock recovery. I put the recovery.img on an SD, pressed the reset button in the AV port as I inserted the power jack… several times. No boot to TWRP. Is there something I don’t know about or have the manufacturers done something to prevent booting into another recovery?
If I can’t test this TWRP version, how can I be sure it will work in the A95X MAX? I don’t want to flash it and brick the box.
As I couldn’t get TWRP to boot with the above method, I tried to use the stock recovery to install it. That also failed:
“Footer is wrong… Signature verification failed.”
I haven’t found anything on the web to explain “Footer is wrong”, though it’s mentioned several times.
Seems I just can’t install TWRP.
Hi, I hv same problem, Both TWRP and recovery files are image files. My A95xF3 box not installing image after boot. How to get TWRP of S905x3
I found an app called Flashify, which allowed me to flash the TRWP recovery.img. The result was that I couldn’t boot to recovery, so I reflashed the stock recovery. Oh well, the TWRP for S905X2 in the above article didn’t work this S905X2 TV box (A95X MAX).