We present today a guide to run TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) on our Android TV-Box with Rockchip RK3229, RK3328 or RK3399 SoC. This system allows can us to have a recovery menu with many more options and that allows us to install modifications, back up or recover our system easily.
- FIND A FIRMWARE: You can use the search of our web, if we do not have it published we don’t have it, ask to your shop
- NOTE: AndroidPCtv is not responsible for problems that may cause a firmware change. If your TV-Box works well, do not change.
LAUNCH TWRP IN OUR TV-BOX
These compilations of TWRP are developed by users altruistically, the compatibility with all TV-Box is not guaranteed. They can be tested without fear because they only run temporarily and do not modify the TV-Box.
- USB drive or a microSD card formatted in FAT32 format
- Keyboard or mouse to control TWRP
- Download the recovery file that corresponds to our SoC:
– TWRP RK3229
– TWRP RK3328
– TWRP RK3399
- If you locate a new TWRP that we do not have please share it with us , we will add it, thank you.
Boot our Android TV-Box with TWRP
- Copy the recovery.img file to the root folder of the USB memory or SD card
- Introduce our SD or USB drive in the TV-Box.
- With the TV-Box off (take out the DC power cord) we introduce our SD or USB drive.
We keep the Flash Mode button pressed (some models are inside the audio/av jack) and insert the DC power cord to turn it on, wait for the update percentage to appear automatically.
- If we have managed to start TWRP, we will have on screen the buttons menu of this recovery system
– We need a keyboard or mouse to move through the TWRP system
- If we reboot the TV-Box we will have the classic Recovery since it is only temporarily executed
BASIC CONCEPTS ABOUT TWRP
INSTALAR FIRMWARE O MODS DESDE TWRP
- In our SD card or USB drive formatted in FAT32 we need the following files:
– ZIP file with the firmware or modification to install
- We restart in TWRP mode as explained in the first point of this manual
- Click on the Install button
- Click on the Select Storage icon and select the units where we have located the ZIP to install
- We select the ZIP file from the unit file list
- To install the firmware we move the arrows to the right with our mouse, the installation process will start
- Once installed the firmware will give us the option to make Wipe Cache / Dalvik, we recommend doing it
- We restart the device (this TWRP has a bug and we need to disconnect the TV-Box physically)
- The system may take a while to start because different packages will be installed in the boot process
- We recommend doing a factory reset from the Android settings if we have installed a major modification
IMPOSSIBLE TO RECOVER THE TV-BOX
If our TV-Box is not recovered by any flash method we may be trying to update in the wrong way, it is advisable to repeat the previous instructions step by step, if it still does not recover we recommend reading the following guide.
OTHER ANDROID TV TUTORIALS
- Rockchip SoC Update Guide
- Amlogic SoC Update Guide
- Allwinner SoC Update Guide
- LibreELEC a quick installation guide for the TV-Boxes with Android