In this guide we want to explain in a simple way how to perform unroot of our Android device, whether TV-Box, tablet or smartphone. Every day there are more applications that check if our device is rooted or not and block us the use of that app, something that happens to us for example with some streaming apps. Following the steps of this manual we can easily remove the traces of root permissions from our system and thus be able to use apps that are not compatible with this Android modification. It should be noted that some TV-Box already incorporate a root selector to activate or deactivate it from the settings.
- You can check our recommended Android TV models where we check if they have root or not.
BASIC CONCEPTS TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT
Following the steps in this manual we can easily remove the traces of root permissions from our system and thus be able to use apps that are not compatible with this Android modification. It should be noted that some TV-Boxes already incorporate a root selector to activate or deactivate it from the settings. Some TV-Boxes have unknown root methods and may cause them to become unusable.
- AndroidPC is not responsible for any problems that this procedure may cause.
- Before making any changes to the system it is REQUIRED to have a firmware to recover the system if there are problems.
UNROOT PROCESS BY SIMPLY UNROOT
This is a very simple app that is also updated for the latest versions of Android, it is the easiest way to perform a unroot although you may not be able to get it and we have to use other methods, remember that you need to have a firmware available to recover if it fails .
- Download Simply Unroot
- Run it and give it root permissions so it can work.
- Press the unRoot button
UNROOT PROCESS BY SUPERSU
If we have installed the SuperSU app it is possible to perform the unroot from within the app itself, depending on how this system has been installed, it may or may not work in case of any problem we can choose the manual method that we also describe in this guide. Remember that you need to have a firmware available to recover if the devices don’t boot after this.
- Enter in the SuperSU app and go to the settings menu
- Click on Full unroot and accept the message
- Restart and check that we no longer have SuperSU installed
MANUAL UNROOT PROCESS
This method is valid when we do not have SuperSU installed or it gives us problems the automatic unroot method of that app. If we have a device rooted by default, the root method can be any, so it is very possible that the default automatic method will not work and this system can be valid for us. Remember that you need to have a firmware available to recover before touch the files.
- NOTE: This method can remove the root but some apps can still detect that the system has been modified.
- Check our root permissions with the Root Check app
- Download and install the file manager ES Explorer or similar
- Activate the Root explorer mode in Tools, we have to accept a message to approve the root permissions.
- We have to eliminate several files of the root system, they are the file “su” and “daemon_su”, the possible routes in root are:
/ system / bin
/ system / xbin
- We go inside and delete the two files, something possible since we still have root rights.
- Once those files are removed, we go to the list of installed applications and uninstall the root app that we have.
- Restart the system completely.
- Check that we are not root anymore.
OTHER ANDROID TV-BOX GUIDES
- Amlogic SoC Update Guide
- Rockchip SoC Update Guide
- LibreELEC a quick installation guide for the TV-Boxes with Android
If check root permissions with Root Checker app & the result is for eg:H96 mini is not rooted..May I know what does this indicate?
Does this mean already enabled root access (rooted) to Android Tv box or still root access disabled?
Sorry the Rooting terms are very confusing to me.(rooted,unroot,close root)
When an advertisement of an android tv box describe it is as rooted,is it already root access enabled?
Need your help to enlighten me on this subject
If root checker indicates as not rooted, then is not rooted.
Where can I find the firmware you are talking about and what is a good firmware to install?
So, what happens if I have a factory rooted TVBox?
Don’t try anything if you don’t have the recovery firmware.