On October 5 Windows 11 will be launched globally and we want to advance some tricks to install it cleanly without the alleged limitations imposed by Microsoft, although this may change in the final version.
It seems that Microsoft is softening every day the striking limitations that it has tried to impose with the announcement of its new Windows system and that theoretically imply an improvement in security. We will see what these measures are in the final version because they block many PCs to upgrade Windows 10 to the new Windows 11 system, it is certainly something not very interesting in order to implement a new operating system and sell services to the more people the better.
Table of Contents
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL WINDOWS 11
For now Windows 11 is only available for users within the Windows Insider program, these users can install and test the OS in its development phase before reaching its final version. This logically involves inconveniences and compatibility problems and we recommend not to install it on our work computer yet and continue with Windows 10.
- Access Windows Insider to download or update Windows 11.
- You can also download the ISO from alternative links or various Telegram channels.
INSTALL WINDOWS 11 BY MODIFYING REGISTRY
If our computer does not meet the minimum requirements imposed by Microsoft for now we can install Windows 10 from scratch and easily with the system installer itself. We only have to follow the following steps.
- Create the installation unit of Windows 11 with the ISO, more information.
- Start the installation process on the computer we are interested in.
- When we get to the hardware incompatibility warning as shown in the image, press Shift + F10.
- This will allow us to open a window at the command prompt (MS-DOS).
- Type and execute the command “regedit.exe”
- Inside the branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ SETUP we create a new key “LabConfig”.
- Inside this key we create two new entries:
– Key = BypassTPMCheck / Value = dword: 00000001.
– Key = BypassSecureBootCheck / Value = dword: 00000001
- Save the changes and we can continue the installation because the incompatibility errors will disappear.
INSTALLING WINDOWS 11 BY MODIFYING ISO
As we have seen, the security requirements that Microsoft wants to integrate with Windows 11 are mainly focused on OEM manufacturers of equipment with Windows already pre-installed for the Western market. The checking system for these Windows 11 requirements is so basic that we can bypass it with a simple Windows 10 file.
- Create boot drive using Rufus or similar. More information.
- Download the Windows 10 “option 1 and option 2. ” file,
- Go to the “sources” folder inside the bootable USB drive and replace the file “ “.
- Run Windows 11 installer normally.
- If we have Windows 10 already installed, we can use the updater inside the ISO.