AMD has just unveiled its new AMD Radeon RX 6600 graphics card, designed for the 1080p gaming sector with the latest hardware technologies and RDNA2 architecture support.
The AMD Radeon RX 6600 graphics card takes advantage of the new AMD RDNA 2 architecture, also offers 32MB of high-performance AMD Infinity Cache, 8GB of GDDR6 memory, AMD Smart Access Memory (SAM) technology and support for the Microsoft Windows 11 operating system. It also supports the open source AMD FidelityFX Super resolution spatial scaling solution to increase frame rates in select titles and deliver high-resolution gaming experiences.
The AMD Radeon RX 6600 graphics card is designed with the needs of high-performance 1080p gamers in mind. Capable of delivering over 100 FPS in top AAA titles, the AMD Radeon RX 6600 graphics card also delivers up to 1.3x more performance per watt than the competition in select 1080p titles at maximum settings.
The new AMD Radeon RX 6600 GPU competes with the recent Radeon RX 6600 XT that we recently saw in one of our reviews. In this card we have 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM memory with a speed of 14 Gbps and 224 GB/s bandwidth, we also have 1792 Stream Processors, lower figures than the XT model with RAM at 16 Gbps, with 240 GB/s bandwidth and 2048 SP. Its gaming frequency is 2044 MHz, although it can reach 2491 MHz. The power consumption of this card is only 132 W and it requires only an 8-pin PCIe connector to power it. A GPU that competes with the NVIDIA 3060 in terms of specifications and practically doubles the performance of the RX 5600.
In addition, this GPU is compatible with all the new technologies offered by FidelityFX and RDNA2:
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) spatial scaling: supported on over 100 AMD processors and GPUs, as well as select competitive GPUs, delivering 2X faster average performance in select titles in “Performance” mode at 1080p compared to native resolution3. To date, game developers have added support or announced plans to add support for FSR in 50 major games and game engines.
- AMD Smart Access Memory (SAM) technology: now supporting AMD Radeon RX 5000 series graphics, SAM technology unlocks increased performance when pairing AMD Radeon RX 5000 or Radeon RX 6000 series graphics with AMD Ryzen 5000 or select Ryzen 3000 series desktop processors and AMD 500 series motherboards by enabling AMD Ryzen processors to access all the GPU’s high-speed GDDR6 memory.
- AMD Infinity Cache: 32MB of last-level data cache integrated into the GPU die helps reduce latency and power consumption to enable higher gaming performance than traditional architecture designs.
- Microsoft Windows 11 compatibility: With the latest version of AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin, AMD Radeon graphics cards are optimized for the latest Windows 11 performance optimizations and features, including DirectX 12 Ultimate, Auto HDR, Microsoft DirectStorage and more.
Pricing and availability
- The new AMD Radeon RX 6600 is already available in stores such Amazon, Wallmart or Newegg, its official price is $325.