Buy the best Android TV Box in 2023 with our selection of devices, we test all personally. Get the best tv box to improve your TV, play emulators, use IPTV or KODI.
All the Smart TV Boxes we show in this selection can be used to use any Android app, watch paid streaming in different qualities, use PLEX or play multimedia content in 4K resolution with HDR or Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. If you are looking for the best Android TV-Box to watch HBO Max, Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+ or Prime Video, this is certainly a good guide to know the compatible devices.
- We may earn a small commission for purchases using our links.
Which Android TV box is best in 2023
In the following list, you have the best Android TV-Box for this year 2023. All devices shown have been reviewed by us, video quality, audio, streaming services, games. KODI, IPTV, PLEX and emulators tested in our own analysis.
NVIDIA Shield TV, the most powerful TV-Box
Undoubtedly the NVIDIA Shield TV is the best Android TV Box 2023 if we are interested in power on Android. Thanks to its powerful SoC Nvidia Tegra X1+ we can run apps, games and emulators without problems. In addition, it has a very well supported Android TV system, integrated 4K Chromecast to send content from our mobile and Bluetooth remote control with microphone. It supports video playback in 4K HDR Dolby Vision quality and Dolby Atmos audio. We can watch with it in 4K HDR quality streaming services such as Netflix, Prime video, HBO MAX, AppleTV+, Disney+ and other apps like IPTV, KODI or PLEX server.
Buy NVIDIA Shield TV$149.99€ at Amazon $149.99 at Walmart $149.99 at BestBuy
Chromecast with Google TV, compact and efficient
The Chromecast with Google TV offers the new Google TV environment, assisted by a voice remote and a powerful hardware. It has direct updates from Google and has all the necessary DRM certificates for paid streaming services such as Netflix, HBO, Disney+, Apple TV+… supports video quality in 4K HDR Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. This small Stick offers us a very good price, it is ideal for streaming, but thanks to its configuration is able to move all kinds of apps like KODI, IPTV or PLEX in addition to games and emulators.
Buy Chromecast with Google TV$48 at Amazon $48.67 at Walmart $49.99 at BestBuy
Amazon Fire TV Stick, cheap and simple
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a cheap alternative for multimedia and has a Bluetooth remote that allows you to control the Alexa assistant. We have several versions to choose from with more or less power and suitable for TVs with 1080p or 4K HDR resolutions. All run on Fire OS operating system, somewhat limited compared to Android TV, overall they have a competent hardware, has certificates needed to watch 4K streaming on platforms like Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Max, Disney+ and others. We can also run apps like KODI, IPTV and games. The option of Fire TV Cube is a good solution if we need more connectors such as Ethernet.
Buy Amazon Fire TV StickFire TV Stick HD only for $29.99 Fire TV Stick 4K only for $49.99 Fire TV Stick 4K MAX only for $54.99 Fire TV Cube only for $139.99
TIVO Stream 4K, cheap and efficient
The TIVO Stream 4K is a small and economic stick integrates the S905Y2 SoC with Android TV 9 system as has a fairly complete bluetooth remote control with microphone for the Google Assistant. It also has Chromecast to send content from our mobile and all certification for the most populars streaming apps like Netflix and other services in 4K HDR + Dolby Vision quality. Also have enough hardware to use any app like KODI, IPTV or basic emulators.
Price of the TIVO Stream 4K$39.99€ at Amazon $39.99 at Walmart $39.99 at BestBuy
onn. Android TV UHD Streaming Device, micro box
The onn. Android TV UHD Streaming Device very tiny and cheap TV-Box with Android TV system ideal for 4K HDR streaming, but does not have Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos. It has a Bluetooth remote control with microphone to use the Google Assistant. It also offers Chromecast to send content from our mobile, it also has certification for streaming apps like Netflix, HMO MAX, Prime Video … in 4K HDR quality. This microscopic bos offers enough hardware to use any app like KODI, IPTV or basic emulators without heavy games.
onn. Android TV UHD box price$19.98 at Walmart
Xiaomi Mi Box S, a classic Android TV-Box
Although the popular Xiaomi Mi Box S has been surpassed by new models, but it still deserves to be on our list of recommended Android Boxes. A Box with certified Android TV system and enough hardware to watch Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max and others up to 4K HDR. We can also use it for multimedia with KODI, PLEX or IPTV in addition to allowing us to play many games or light emulators. This box also includes the Chromecast system to send content from our mobile and Bluetooth voice remote, and Ethernet port.
Price of the Xiaomi Mi Box S$59.5 at Amazon $66 at Walmart $57 at Aliexpress
Xiaomi TV Stick 4K, compact and powerful
The Xiaomi TV Stick 4K designed for those who prefer something small, is undoubtedly one of the most interesting options with Android TV system. A certified device that allows us to watch in 4K HDR quality all kinds of streaming such as Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video and so on. It is possible to use it for multimedia in KODI, IPTV, PLEX and play emulators or quite demanding Android titles. We have Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos support, it comes by default with a Bluetooth remote with microphone to give you commands and integrated Chromecast.
Buy Xiaomi TV Stick 4K$69 at Amazon $64 at Aliexpress
X96 Max+, ideal for emulators, KODI and IPTV
The TV-Box X96 Max+ is a cheap device and the favorite of many people, as it is 100% compatible with EmuELEC and LibreELEC systems so it deserves to be in our selection of the best TV-BOX. Its operating system is Android 9 and its engine is the popular S905X3 Chip that works for any app or powerful games, paid streaming apps in basic quality, KODI or IPTV up to 4K and much more, it is not recommended for paid Streaming services.
Buy X96 Max+ for the best price$56 at Amazon $52 at Aliexpress
X98 Mini, cheap soluion for KODI or IPTV
The X98 mini is a really cheap Chinese TV Box, the best in its category, with Android 11 operating system and arrives with the new and efficient SoC S905W2. A Box with which we can move without problems any app, emulators with RetroARCH or games, even PUBG and KODI or IPTV in 4K quality. This Box is NOT suitable for watching Netflix, HBO, Disney+ and other similar streaming services, as it does not have certificates and are displayed in its most basic quality.
Price for the X98 Mini$54 at Amazon $36 at Aliexpress
Help for Android TV-Box selection
Android TV-Boxes have become an ideal solution to update the user environment and streaming services of our TVs externally. Normally a TV can last us many years but its software becomes obsolete quickly, thanks to these devices we can have a good user experience.
What is an Android TV-Box for?
If you do not know exactly what you can do with this type of devices before you start buying an Android TV we recommend you to take a look at our guide What is an Android TV-Box and what can I do with it, where we explain the basics of its technology.
Selection criteria and concepts to take in consideration
- Value the video quality we need, it is not the same just need FullHD resolutions that 4K HDR with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, these will indicate us which product fits us better.
- If we are going to consume paid streaming services such as Netflix, HBO Max… we must buy a certified Android TV device that offers all the permissions to see them at maximum quality, also include Chromecast and voice remote.
- If we are not interested in streaming services we can go to a Chinese TV-Box and have more freedom to use apps like on a tablet. We can also install EmueELEC as a native system. To handle it well we need a mouse.
- Regarding power we recommend a device with at least 2 GB of RAM and a Quad Core processor. This is relative, if we will consume streaming we need little power but if we are going to play it is better something more.
- In case you want to connect external hard disks, network cables or peripherals, a TV-Box is better than a TV-Sitck because it has USB ports. We can also use a USB OTG cable + HUB in a Stick.
- A good Wifi 5 or b chip is enough for streaming, Netflix consumes only 20 Mbps in 4K. Check our Netflix, HBO MAX, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ or Apple TV+ streaming guides for more info.
- If we have any problem with our Android TV-Box, we recommend following the Solutions Guide to the most common problems where we explain solutions, such as reinstalling Firmware or managing your warranty.
Apps and tutorials for your Android TV-Box
If we want to get the most out of our TV-Box there are a number of apps that can be very useful. In this short list you have a selection of the most outstanding, on our website you can also find a lot of tutorials.
Best applications for TV-Box
- To learn more in detail the Android TV operating system read our guide, there are several interesting tricks.
- If you are interested in KODI or LibreELEC you can read our Manual to install Addons in KODI and LibreELEC tutorials, with these two programs you can see all streaming TV content, series or movies using their addons.
- If we do not want to mess with complex players we can use the VLC that simply run the videos that we have connected to the system or local network.
- In case we are emulator lovers on Chinese boxes we can install EmuELEC, if we have a certified Android TV system we can use the RetroARCH app directly in this environment.
- To manage the files of our Android system we recommend X-Plore which is the most complete, we can connect to our local network or perform many more functions.
- If we want to use files in our local network the best is to use and configure SAMBA.
- To configure the audio system on Android our multi-channel sound guide is ideal.
- It is also interesting to see the guides to improve TV image, correct Judder effect or dark video problems.
I wonder when a95x will release a new device
Can any recommendations be made for a device which fully supports 5.1 Multichannel PCM for Moonlight Game Streaming?
Ideally with a gigabit ethernet port too.
Seem to be hitting a complete stumbling block since my old S912 box has started locking up after use, and so I think it is time to replace this.
I need to get a new android box and i am really struggling to pick one.
I want one with an S905X4 and 4gb ram, ideally with gigabit ethernet
from what i have see there are not allot but really need some help
Does gigabit ethernet make a huge difference ?
Yes if you have gig speed from your provider and the device only allows 10/100 through Ethernet you won’t get close to what your paying for your internet bill. I own a km2 only 100 mbps. But on with I reach up to 250+. I recommend the investment on Shield pro it updates every time and will last for years the 2015 stil runs great. If you just want a 4/64gb 4/32gb android box check out the mecool km6 deluxe gigabyte lan
Huge difference if u pay for the gig internet otherwise it’s up to what you pay for. If you want an s905x4 try. Mecool km6 deluxe has that gigabyte speed
The A95x f4 seems like a good box
The shield is not an option for me