The AYANEO AIR Plus has just been presented, a new console that aims to compete with the popular Steam Deck with options up to Ryzen 7 6800U processor.
The AYANEO AIR Plus console has a 6-inch IPS screen with a much more compact design than the Steam Deck, this is an ideal size for those looking for portability. In addition, it stands out for offering a wide range of processors, from AMD we have the powerful Ryzen 7 6800U, but we can also opt for the new Mendocino as the Ryzen 3 7320U and Ryzen 5 7520U with lower power consumption, all with RDNA 2 GPU. From Intel we have as an option an Intel Core i3-1215U that integrates Intel Xe GPU.
A console that is still in campaign on Indiegogo and competes with others like the AOKZOE A1 that we have already seen on sale in some stores. Undoubtedly a golden age of PC consoles with multiple options.
AYANEO AIR Plus Specifications
The AYANEO AIR Plus Gaming laptop offers us no less than four processor options:
- AMD Ryzen 7 6800U with 8 Zen3+ 6nm cores, 16-thread support, which can reach 4.7 GHz in turbo mode and has a base frequency of 2.7 GHz. Integrated GPU is an AMD Radeon 680M with 12 cores.
- AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with 4 Zen3+ cores, 8-thread support, which can reach 4.3 GHz in turbo mode and has a base frequency of 2.8 GHz. Integrated GPU is an AMD Radeon 610M with 2 cores.
- AMD Ryzen 3 7320U with 4 Zen3+ cores, 8-thread support, which can reach 4.1 GHz in turbo mode and has a base frequency of 2.4 GHz. Integrated GPU is an AMD Radeon 610M with 2 cores.
- Intel Core i3-1215U with 8 Zen3+ cores, 16-thread support, which can reach 4.3 GHz in turbo mode and has a base frequency of 3.3 GHz. Integrated GPU is an Intel Xe with 64EU.
- See our last review for similar comparisons.
In terms of memory and storage we have integrated 8/16/32 GB of LPDDR5 RAM at 5200/5500/6400 GHz in Dual Channel and a PCie 4.0 NVMe 2280 SSD of 128 GB up to 2 TB capacity that we can replace by the rear area.
The AYANEO AIR Plus has a 6-inch IPS touchscreen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, with 120% sRGB profile, DCI P3 85%, 400 nits and 1000:1 contrast. In terms of wireless connectivity, it includes an internal adapter with integrated Wifi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2. As connectors we have a micro SD card reader, 3.5 mm audio jack, a USB 3.0 and one USB Type-C 4 ports that allows video output up to 4K@60fps resolutions.
As for the battery, we have a 46.2 Wh battery with up to 65 W charging system and PD 3.0 charger included. The dimensions are 237 x 91.4 x 23.1 mm and the weight is 510 g.
In the controls section we have the excellent Hall system for analogs and triggers that avoids a future drift effect. We have multiple dedicated hotkeys in addition to the classic Gamepad configuration and a fingerprint reader for access unlocking. On the back we have two microphones that offer noise cancellation and two stereo speakers. Integrated gyroscope, advanced vibration and a powerful internal fan for 28 W are included.
The operating system is a proprietary version of the brand called Ayaneo OS which is a compilation similar to Steam OS, although we can install Windows 11 for greater compatibility. It also has its own control app, RGB light management and multiple device settings options.
Price and availability
- AYANEO AIR Plus 6800U has a starting price of $599.
- AYANEO AIR Plus 7520U / 7320U has a price starting at $549.
- AYANEO AIR Plus 1215U will be available for purchase starting at $779.
- Some additional coupon is available on the Indiegogo campaign.