Today we have a new firmware available for the X96 Air TV Box that includes the new AMlogic S905X3 Quad Core SoC with a Mali-G31 MP2 GPU. This SoC has 4 Cortex-A55 CPU cores, a Cortex-M4 processor and also an NPU for iA. The VPU is an Amlogic Video Engine 10 with Dolby Vision optional HDR, HDR10 +, HDR10, HLG and PRIME HDR support. This Smart Box is available with 2/4 GB of DDR3 RAM and 16/32 / 64GB of eMMc storage memory that can be expanded from the included microSD card reader. The operating system is Android 9.0 and an IR remote control with key cloning functions.
Price and availability
- The new Box X96 Air can be purchased on sale on Aliexpress.com for only $ 34.37 with free shipping.
- Download the Firmware / ROM for the Smart Box X96 Air P3 with Amlogic S905X3 SoC with 4/32GB or 4/64GB (12-20-2019)
- NOTE: Look your model P3 version in Settings > About phone, if you have another don’t flash.
- Download the Firmware / ROM for the Smart Box X96 Air V2 with Amlogic S905X3 SoC with 2/16GB (12-21-2019)
- Update the firmware following our Amlogic Update Guide
- Not available.
Thanks to site’s author for the firmwares.
My box stuck 3 times at the same day, when I tried to set different txt size on settings, the box freeze.
I had to use factory reset everytime, to make it to work again. It is a bug, and somebody MUST FIX it.
Wish, developer(s) do not include “KD play” and “Netflix” apps, in the future.
Many thanks, Savvas
Without Pc Possible