We already have Kodi v18 Leia FINAL ready to download, a new version that is now completely official and incorporates many new features. This final version substantially changes its internal code and makes for example that the compatible skins for this last version are only a few, since they need to be updated in each version. The adaptation process to this new one is expected to be quick since it does not change the environment considerably.
- Available in Google Play for automatic update.
- Manual download Kodi v18 Leia – FINAL
- For Android it is recommended to download the 32bit ARMV7A, the version 64bit V8 is only for NVidia, Realtek and some Rockchip SoC’s
- For Windows download 64bit version
List of most important changes in this version
We have an infinite changelog list that we can consult in this link.
- Added a “Games” window and RetroPlayer player core supporting game clients addons as well as emulator cores via libretro API
- Major GUI (Graphical User Interface) refactoring of PVR and Live TV in Kodi
- Major refactoring of Kodi’s core handling and GUI management of binary addons (Add-ons Framework, API, and Manager)
- Added support to render directly on DRM/KMS without the need for any display manager
- Improved support to compiling Kodi for Microsoft’s UWP (Universal Windows Platform) APIs
- Added support for speech-to-text in Kodi OSD keyboard on Android TV (triggered by voice button on remote)
- Added support for BD-J / Blu-ray Disc Java menu support (requires system Java runtime environment)