LibreELEC 9 based on the latest version of Kodi 18 Leia has reached a point of maturity that makes it functional, an interesting version because it integrates new features such as streaming support with DRM protection. We also have a new version of CoreELEC 9, a similar alternative oriented entirely to devices with ARM processors such as the Android TV-Boxes. For now the existing versions are in the testing phase but they are an interesting alternative if we like this system.
The system LibreELEC or CoreELEC is as it says its slogan “Just enough OS for KODI” with this philosophy we have enough advantages with regard to using KODI on Android still also some inconvenience associated with this system.
- Advantages: Consumes only 100 Mb of RAM / It fits perfectly to the hardware / Change of automatic refresh.
- Disadvantages: We can not run Android apps
Within the SoC with support for LibreELEC 9 we now have test versions for the new S905X2 and S922X but we also have versions for the SoC Amlogic S912, S905X/W/D and even an alpha version for the Rockchip RK3328. We also have a version of CoreELEC 9 for S905 and S912.
- LibreELEC v9.0 for Amlogic S905/S912
- LibreELEC v9.0 for Amlogic S905/S912/S905X2/S922X
- CoreELEC v9.0 for Amlogic S905/S912
- LibreELEC v9.0 for Amlogic S812
- LibreELEC v9.0 Alpha for Rockchip RK3328
To install LibreELEC 9 or CoreELEC 9 we recommend to follow our Installation Guide of LibreELEC or CoreELEC, as always before installing it in our internal memory it is better to test it from a USB drive temporarily and check our compatibility. If we have enough with KODI for Android maybe we can use this option only temporarily.