New firmware available for the TV-Box Mecool KII PRO includes the SoC of Amlogic S905D, a Quad Core very similar to S905X but which is specially designed to be integrated into equipment with DTT and satellite tuners. Inside we have integrated 2 GB of DDR3 RAM, 16 GB of storage memory eMMc, Bluetooth 4.0 and wifi aC. In terms of connectivity we find the usual in this series of TV-Boxes, four USB 2.0 ports, microSD card reader, CVBS analog audio and video output, 10/100 Ethernet connector, HDMI 2.0 port and SPDIF optical audio output. We also find the corresponding inputs for the DVB-C, DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 tuners with cccam support among others. The operating system is Android 7.1.2 and includes HDCP 1.4 and Google Wideline L1 certificates that will supposedly allow us to enjoy streaming YouTube 4K and Netflix 4K among others.
- Mecool KII PRO can be purchased from Gearbest.com for about $83.99, shipping costs included.
- Download the TV-Box Firmware KII Pro (11-27-2017)
- Copy all the files inside the zip in the root of a USB memory
- To update the firmware, go to Settings> System Information> UPDATE> Local Update> Confirm
- When finished and restart we recommend to do a factory reset in Settings> Backup
List of changes
- No available