Today we offer you a new Firmware with Netflix HD support for the TV Box Zidoo H6 PRO a model that includes the new Allwinner H6 SoC , a Quad Core with ARM Cortex-A53 processors that theoretically reaches 1.8Ghz and an ARM Mali- T720mp2 capable of processing 4K video at 60fps and 6K at 30fps thanks to its Allwinner Phoenix 3.0 VE engine, naturally also includes native decoding for the most extended codecs, including h.265. It also integrates on board 2GB of DDR4 RAM, 16GB of eMMC storage memory, WiFi aC and Bluetooth 4.1. Connectivity includes a microSD card reader, Gigabit network port, SPDIF digital audio output, USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0 ports, HDMI 2.0a and finally an analog A / V output connector.
- Zidoo H6 PRO can be buyed at Gearbest.com, Aliexpress.com, Banggood.com for only $99 with shipping costs included
- Download this update from Zidoo H6 PRO v1.0.20
- Copy the unzipped zip file to a USB stick and connected it to our TV Box
- Go to Settings> Other> About> System update> Local Update> Select the ZIP file
- Accept and wait for the update process to finish
- We recommend to do a factory reset after the update, Settings> Other> Factory data reset
1,Fix mouse judders after scale the screen size smaller
2,Add auto-framerate-switch function
3,Optimize the compatibility of Kodi
4,Optimize the stutter issue of some videos in Kodi
5,Fix dts-hdma、truehd audio can’t downmix to 5.1
6,Correct the off-color-to-red problem in Kodi.
7,Fix Douyu apk unexpectedly terminated
8,Fix HDMI thoughout changed to PCM unexpectedly after turn on H6 and TV
9,Fix the space character caused browse fail in samba and nfs.
10,Add a icon for Poweroff apk
11,Player added the Italian language
12,Optimize the subtitle in Player
13,Add a Mediacodec framerate switch in QuickSettings
14,Add a function that hold the mute key to call a dialogue for image quality adjustion
15,Add a rotate image function in Picturemanager, and improved the sharpness for animation affect
In this firmware we have as new feature support for Netflix HD up to 1080p, so we have seen this can be done thanks to a modified version of the Netflix app combined with some system modifications. In order to see this quality in Netflix the system has activated HDCP protection by HDMI, we also have DRM Google Widevine L3 certificate something we do not know if it is significant or not.
- Download and install the Netflix app from the launcher of Zidoo or use this link, the HD feature don’t work with the official Netflix app.
- Run the app and log into your account
- As we can see in the contents of Netflix the HD logo appears and the image quality corresponds to 1080p