|Model||VOYO I8 Pro|
|Basic Specs||SoC: Mediatek Helio X27 (MT6797) Deca core / Mali-T880 MP4 GPU|
2x A72 @ 2.6GHz / 4x A53 @ 2.0GHz / 4x A53 @ 1.6GHz
System: Android 8.0 (64bit)
RAM and Storage: 4 GB DDR3 – 64 GB eMMC
Screen: 11.6″ / 1920 × 1200 / 16:10
Network: Wifi b/g/n Doble Banda + BT 4.0
Cameras: Frontal 3MP / Rear 8MP
Ports: USB Type-C, 2 microSIM + microSD and audio jack
The VOYO I8 Pro tablet has a metallic body that attracts attention due to its design and reduced thickness. It has very narrow frames on the sides, in general we think it has good finishes and a correct constructive quality.
- Measurements and weight: 280 x 176 x 8.5 mm / 681 gr.
- Materials: Front glass and aluminum body. Integrated keyboard anchor.
- Interfaces: Microphone, Speakers, Volume, Power, audio jack, microSD, and USB Type-C charge and data.
- Cameras: Rear 8MP / Front 3MP.
- Speakers and microphone: Two stereo speakers with high volume but with metallic sound. Microphone OK.
- Vibration and LEDs: Vibration YES / Without LEDs.
In the back of aluminum we have two integrated speakers that give us a sound with high volume but with few bass, an 8MP rear camera and in that same area we have the tray for microSD + two microSIM cards. We also have an audio jack that behaves normally and without noise.
The screen of the VOYO I8 Pro has good quality indoors and suffers outdoors where it does not have enough light power. We are facing a product for domestic use and that has an excellent image quality at the user level.
- Size: IPS 11.6″ Inches, resolution 1920 × 1200 and 16:10 format.
- Light power: NO automatic brightness. High Contrast. No leakage of light on the sides.
- Viewing angles and precision: Good IPS angles / Good precision and sensitivity.
- Extras: Color modes and reading protection through Mediatek EyeCare screen settings.
Cameras, Sensors, Modem and GPS
The cameras of the VOYO I8 Pro tablet are of basic quality although they are not bad, they have very few options in the settings, few ISO levels and emulated HDR modes that give us a fairly basic result. The GPS behaves normally and triangulates the position without problem.
- Rear camera: Sensor with 8MP resolution with HDR mode, muted colors and noise / Video 1080p.
- Front camera: 8MP sensor, muted colors / / Video 1080p.
- Location: GPS with good accuracy.
- Sensors: Accelerometer.
- Modem: 4G LTE.
2G: GSM 850/900/1800 / 1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900 / 2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE 800/850/900/1800/1900 // 2100 / 2600MHz, TDD B40 2300MHz
Environment and user experience
We boot the VOYO I8 Pro tablet and observe that we have the Android 8.0 system. In a basic use to navigate and consume multimedia content it moves smoothly and we can use any app without problems thanks to its powerful Mediatek Helio X27 Deca core SoC. In the lower area we have the classic Android buttons and in the upper area we have the curtain with shortcuts, in general the system is basic and has no customizations of any kind.
- Installed apps: Camera apps, calendar, photos, Google Play, video and audio recorder.
- Languages: All the international languages of Android.
- Multitasking: Multitask app change and split screen.
- Root: The system is NOT root.
System, support and store apps
If we enter the Android settings of the VOYO I8 Pro we can see that we find the classic Android settings where we have a system with just some customization of Mediatek for the improvement of image and visual protection. Google Play works perfectly as it comes by default.
- Android version: Android 8.0 (64bit) / Kernel 3.18.60 (2019-06-24).
- Store apps: Google Play is perfectly functional.
- Brand support: VOYO is not one of the brands that most update their tablets.
Storage and RAM Memory
We perform our usual memory tests and internal storage in the VOYO I8 Pro using the SD bench app. Internal storage can be expanded using the included microSD card reader. The results of internal storage are good compared to models in your sector.
- Storage: Total 64GB / Free 49GB
- RAM: Total 4 GB DDR3L / Free 3 GB
- microSD: Speeds of 34 MB/s reading / 15 MB/s writing. Not compatible with NTFS or exFAT.
- USB Type-C: Charge, USB drives and some peripherals. Not compatible with NTFS or exFAT.
Battery and temperature
The VOYO I8 Pro has a 5000 mAh battery, the autonomy is low even if we do not demand too much and if we use the brightness of the screen at half level. If we play demanding games, the battery goes down quickly, as is normal for a Helio X27 is manufactured in 20nm.
- Battery recharge: Charging at 5V 2A, not fast charging, it can take up to about 5 hours.
- Idle: Connected to the Wifi and without using it can last about 6 days.
We check the performance of the tablet in scenarios of maximum sustained performance and in its usual use, we use a stress app for fifteen minutes and thermal camera to detect hot areas.
- Thermal throttle: The system maintains a maximum performance of 58%, have a considerable loss in performance when we demand it on an ongoing basis.
- Temperature: The rear part is heated at one zone where the SoC is located.
WIFI and Bluetooth
The Wi-Fi connections in the VOYO I8 Pro tablet are Wi-Fi b/g/n Dual Band + BT 4.0 wireless adapter with which we connect to an ASUS RT-AC1200G+ Router, a mid-range device. We perform tests on the use of streaming using the iPerf measurement tool to see the maximum performance of each network adapter.
- Wifi speed results: Correct speeds for this type of adapters.
- Wifi Scope: At a distance of 5 meters with a wall we have a signal of 48 dBm, a basic result.
- Bluetooth: Works correctly and connects without problems.
- We recommend reading our Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks if we are going to use files from our network PC.
In the performance tests, the VOYO I8 Pro shows us good results thanks to the Mediatek Helio X27 SoC and the power of the Mali-T880 MP4 GPU that it integrates. If we compare the results we can see how it surpasses the inferior models of Mediatek, it is below its direct rival Qualcomm and far from the Kirin 960 that remains as the leader in its sector. We must also bear in mind that we are talking about another price range, this is a low cost productos in comparision.
- You can read in our Comparative for the Mediatek Helio SoC with all the details of this processor.
Games and gamepads
The tablet VOYO I8 Pro with the Mediatek Helio X27 SoC integrates the powerful Mali-T880 MP4 GPU allows us to move 99% of Google Play titles without performance problems and good compatibility. We have done a long test with PUBG and we can say that it moves fine in medium settings but the tablet gets hot and drains the battery..
- Compatibility: It is possible to play demanding titles such as PUBG with slight frame skips, the battery drains quickly.
- Controls: Compatible with Bluetooth Gamepads.
Test video files
In terms of multimedia playback, the VOYO I8 Pro behaves well using the Mediatek Helio X27 SoC (MT6797) which integrates a Mali-T880 MP4 GPU with video playback support up to 4K@30fps in the graphic section. As we see it has certain limitations in the VP9 4K format but it is not a problem to see any content at the correct level.
- Compatibility: HEVC with good performance / VP9 correct with basic quality
- You can read our Tutorial to install Addons in KODI in a simple way to get to watch the most popular streamings.
|H.264 / VC-1||Result|
|BBB – H.264 8bit – Simple@L1 – 1080p@25fps – 7 Mbps||Correct|
|Samsung Oceanic Life – H.264 8bit – High@L5.1 – 1080p@30fps – 40 Mbps||Correct|
|Timelapse – H.264 8bit – High@L5.1 – 4K@24fps – 43 Mbps||Correct|
|Anime – H.264 10bit – High 10@L5.1 – 1080p@24fps – 10 Mbps||Correct|
|MKV – VC-1 – Advance@L3 – 1080p@24fps – 17 Mbps||Correct|
|H.265 / VP9 SDR|
|Tears of steel – HVEC 8bit – Main@L6.2@Main – 1080p@24fps – 17 Mbps||Correct|
|Samsung UHD Dubai – HVEC 10bit – Main 10@L5.2@Main – 4K@24fps – 51 Mbps||Correct|
|Anime – HVEC 10bit – Main 10@L4@Main – 1080p@24fps – 21 Mbps||Frameskip|
|Eye of the Storm – VP9 – 4K@24fps – 14 Mbps||Correct|
|H.265 / VP9 HDR|
|Life of Pi HDR10 – HVEC 10bit – Main 10@L5.1@High – 4K@24fps – 45 Mbps||Correct|
|LG Demo – Dolby Vision – HVEC 12bit – Main 10@L5@Main – 4K@24fps – 30 Mbps||Correct|
|Planet Earth II – HDR HLG 10bit – Main 10@L5@High – 4K@25fps – 31 Mbps||Frameskip|
|The world in HDR – VP9 Profile 2 10bit – 4K@60fps – 20 Mbps||Frameskip|
|Peru 8K HDR – VP9 Profile 2 10bit – 8K@60fps – 20 Mbps||Not compatible|
|Jellyfish – HVEC 10bit – Main 10@L6.1@High – 4K@30fps – Test up to 400 Mbps||50 Mbps = 6,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bitrate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter or wifi used, we have used the fastest available, see Hardware tests section of this same review to have more information and have consider the limitations of SAMBA Networks.
We pass the classic tests on streaming services to see how the most popular services work. In this model does not have certificates for these services. The VOYO I8 Pro model presents the classic configuration without certificates that limits us in quality in several streaming services, as it does not have notification bars, it also presents some classic problem of this type of configuration.
- DRM: Google Widevine L3
- Certification: No
|Streaming service||Video / Audio||Result||Manual|
|Youtube||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|Google Play Movies||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|Netflix||SD (480p) / Stereo||OK||Netflix on Android|
|HBO||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||Some frameskips||–|
|Amazon Prime Video||SD (480p) / Stereo||OK||Amazon Prime video on Android|
After passing the tests of our review on the VOYO I8 Pro tablet we can say that it is a classic product of this range, we have a powerful Mediatek Helio X27 SoC, an acceptable network performance with the Wifi b/g/n dual band adapter with internal antennas and as an extra it has a 4G-LTE modem that allows us to connect anywhere. At the level of finishes this tablet also stands out for its metal parts and very small dimensions to be 11.6″, the touch sensor also works normally.
The VOYO I8 Pro stands out for the size of its IPS 11.6″screen, but it is not the brightest or most crystalline we have ever seen and it suffers a lot outdoors. The cameras that accompany this tablet are a little above the low- models cost although it is not a critical point, as we see the battery life and thermal performance is not the strong point of this tablet, so it is not a good option for games or heavy apps.
This tablet stands out for its 11.6″ screen for domestic use, multimedia and browsing use but it is not recommended for games because of its thermal performance and short battery life in demanding scenarios. On the VOYO I8 Pro also note that it accepts a magnetic keyboard that we can acquire at the official Voyo store.
WHERE TO BUY AND ADD-ONS