Today we want to echo the AFRd app to get automatic framerate switch in the TV-Box with a Amlogic SoC. An app that automatically synchronizes the refresh screen with the speed of the video that we are playing and with this, it eliminates the effect of jumps in the camera sweep known as Judder.
- This app is developed by Andrey Zabolotny (anpaza), project page https://github.com/anpaza/afrd
- Check our list of the best Android TV-Box that we recommend with Amlogic SoC
Table of Contents
REQUIREMENTS FOR USING AFRd
In order to use this AFRd app we need a compatible Amlogic TV-Box, the app captures the calls to the codec system of this type of SoC and activates the refresh change by default, in other TV-Box models with different SoC it will not work. The requirements are those described below.
- Download AFRd and install it on our TV-Box
- TV-Box with SoL AMLogic: S905, S905W, S912, S905X2, S905Y2 or S922X.
- Firmware system with ROOT permission enabled.
- Android 6.0.1 system (autumn 2017), 7.0, 8.1 or 9.0.
- It is not compatible with Minix Neo U9-H or Ugoos in S912 chips due to modifications in its core.
- TV with compatible refresh modes that are the majority. PC monitors do not have these frequencies.
CONFIGURE AND USE AFRd
Once downloaded and installed AFRd when executing it we have on screen the status of the app, it will indicate if the system is active and the mode of screen refresh that we have activated at this moment. The next option is the settings where we have many options to configure it in detail. This app does not modify the system if it gives some incompatibility and to stop using it you just have to uninstall it.
- By default you already have the most common options activated for the classic modes 23,976, 29,97 and 58,95 Hz.
Within the timing settings we have adjustment modes to fine tune the time in which the system is detected and started and we can have a black screen between 2-5 seconds before starting the video content, this is normal. In the advanced settings section we have different options that allow us to activate or deactivate impeccable refresh modes with our TV. we also have a log system that gives us information about what is happening.
OTHER MEDIA GUIDES
- Judder in video playback, what is and how to fix it in Android or Windows
- Basic concepts and configuration for multichannel audio on Windows and Android
- Playback 4K videos with HEVC and VP9 seamlessly on Android and Windows
- How to install an add-on in KODI in a simple way