After many delays it seems that AMLogic begins to move its new flagship Amlogic S922X SoC, a chip that had been lost for months and never has been seen in action. Now thanks to some results filtered in the Geekbench test we can see in a general way this SoC at CPU and GPU, we must bear in mind that it is still under development and the results shown here can vary a lot.
A few months ago at the IBC 2018 fair we got to know the basic data of the new Amlogic S922X SoC, a chip more powerful than the current S905X2 that is giving such good results in our reviews. This SoC has a Hexa Core configuration with four Cortex-A73 cores and another two Cortex-A53 low consumption, in the graphical section we have a powerful Mali-G52 MP4 GPU although this point may vary in the final product.
In the Geekbench CPU and GPU Compute tests, the analyzed model is detected as Droidlogic Galilei, possibly a motherboard test that runs with the Android 9 Pie 32bit operating system with a maximum speed of 1.8GHz. If we compare results we can see several improvements:
- The performance in a single core is superior to all SoC of current Gen and is ahead of the RK3399.
- The multi core performance is superior to all current Gen SoCs including the RK3399.
- The GPU Compute are low but the result may be preliminary due to the dependence of the drivers.
- The Tegra X1 is still far above, but the new SoC are approaching in power.
- It is very likely that this SoC is manufactured in 12nm like the S905X2 and it will improve the thermal efficiency significantly.