We already have another automatic software update available for the small Chromecast with Google TV, one of the best devices out there today if you want to Smartize any TV.
The new version based on Android TV 10 is QTS2.200918.033 and if it has not been installed automatically go to Settings> System> Information> System update> Check for updates. You may not skip the update the first time, but you can force it by clicking Check for Updates multiple times. The changes and improvements in this update are multiple despite its small size, only 78.20 MB, and it also includes Google’s security patch for December 2020. If you want more information about the Chromecast with Google TV you can read our review.
- Improved 4K support for TVs and AVRs
- Dolby Audio improvements for Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus passthrough content
- Android recovery screen improvements and fixes
- Reduced the occurrence of users seeing the Android recovery screen
- Improved instructions when the Android recovery screen is shown
- Security update: security patch level increased to December 5, 2020
- General security, stability and performance improvements