A new EmuELEC v4.3 version is now available for download with significant changes compared to the previous v4, a version that only has support for Amlogic 64bit SoCs with more modern instructions.
In this version we find compatibility improvements with several Bluetooth adapters on Android. Also added are improvements to multiple emulation platforms and fixes to known issues. You can see below the extensive list of changes in this version that maintains the installation system of the previous one.
EmuELEC v4 Installation Tutorial
EmuELEC v4.2 Change List
- Fix Autoupdate
- Fix no backup restore if EEROMS was set to fat32
- Fix no external ROMS if EEROMS was set to fat32
- Fix typo on Parallel N64 32b core name
- Unify Brightness between ES and RA
- Fix : unset DISPLAY for Amlogic and Amlogic-ng
- Fix SuperTux2: Fix sed in launch script
- Fix vertical mode not respecting index ratio
- Fix Connect to WiFi on first boot if using
- Fix volume resets to 98% using AV
- Fix Do not redirect stdout/stderr to /dev/null in maxperf and normperf. (#661)
- Fix Amstrad GX4000
- Fix create /storage/roms/amstradgx4000 on boot
/usr/binin that order
: remove hardcoded bin path, this allows to use most of the binaries/scripts be called from
- Add Megadrive MSU to
- Add fceumm-mod libretro core to play some additional NES ROM hacks. (#658)
- New Packages: Box64, Box86, GL4es, Axe11, libglu (for future use)
- Bump most cores and emulators to current versions
- Bump Retroarch to 1.9.6
- Add Flycast Stand Alone
- Add Alternate version of Mupen64plus-nx
- Replace old filemanager for 351Files
- Cleanup remove and add some extentions
- Add Hurrican port (Handhelds currently have no working controls)
- Atomiswave: Remove workaround for nvmem
- Fix Stadia Gamepad. Thanks to amuzulo#1322
- Fix issue with lzdoom loading .doom files and sound on mods
- Update some sound packages
- Fix #677) : Add extensions to c64/c128 and Amiga (
- Add Cdogs-sdl to ports
- Add Abuse to ports NOTE: WIP controls
- Add Streets of Rage Remake
- Fix Retroarch display of CJK characters (Fixes #534 & #431)
- Fix SFC not scraping
- Updated most emulators and cores
- Create folders for fbneo consoles
- Minor changes to fix switching of resolutions.
- fheroes2: Add Free Heroes of Might & Magic II port
- SoRR: Fix controls on Gameforce and OGA
- Fix bezels downloaded to the wrong location
- Enable Random Boot videos (see note)
- : C64 add .tap extension
- Add “Set as bootgame” option to advance game options (see notes)
- Stop using
and use /usr/bin/ (if you need to use autostart please use /storage/.config/custom_start.
- emuelec-emulationstation: use GLES2 renderer
- Many small fixes I may have missed on this changelog
- Add preliminary support for Raxda Zero
- Add RTL8761 Bluetooth Support (#698)
- Include ssv6xxx-aml drivers
Odroid Go Advance:
- Enable bluetooth support for OGA/OGS (#725)
Note about random intro videos:
mp4 files only and they should be in
if no mp4 file is found the default intro video is shown.
In ES, enabling “Randomize Boot Video” will also enable “Always Show Boot Video”
Note about “Set as bootgame”:
This will allow to select a single game to start at boot, useful for arcade systems or for handhelds if you have a favorite game and what to launch it on boot.
This game is launched by ES before it loads the game gamelists, so any stats recorded by ES will saved (e.g. times played, last played, etc)
Select the game and open the “Advance Game Options” and then set “Launch This Game At Startup” to “On”
- After the game is ended (via hotkey+start) normal boot will continue.
- Not all systems support this (e.g, ports).
- Any retroarch settings (shaders, filters, bezels, splash, etc) will be respected.
- To remove bootgame, select the game that is currently set to boot and set “Launch This Game At Startup” to “Off”, or go into “System Settings > Developer > Stop Launching This Game At Startup” Fixes #728