Today we detect the first TV-Box with Android 9 Pie in the market for the Amlogic S905X2 SoC, it is the HK1 Play a totally generic model that surely installs the native version of the SDK of Android 9 of Amlogic without any type of modification. Other brands like Beelink are already preparing their firmware with Android 9 that are probably a little more worked.
- HK1 Play is a low-cost Android TV-Box with enough hardware for use the most classic apps.
- Multimedia: You can play the latest generation 4K@60fps with h.265/VP9/HDR files with KODI or IPTV streams.
- Streaming: Netflix in basic quality SD at most. See list of Android TV devices with Netflix 4K and other services.
- Power: The S905X2 processor allows us to use the apps without problems and run powerful games like PUBG.
- Support: This brand has no known support , we will stay with Android 9 all his life for sure.
SoC, RAM and storage
The TV Box HK1 Play includes the Amlogic S905X2 SoC, a Quad Core that reaches up to 1.8GHz and integrates a GPU Mali-G31 MP2 quite more powerful than the classic Mali-450 and that takes for video playback a VPU TruLife Gen8 with hardware specific for coding and decoding. We have on board 2/4 GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 16/32/64 GB of eMMc storage memory that can be extended from the microSD card reader that this equipment includes.
The TV-Box HK1 Play includes wireless connectivity Wifi dual band and Bluetooth 4.1. The connectors included in the plastic box are a USB 2.0 port, another USB 3.0, analog audio and video output port, a 10/100 Ethernet connector, SPDIF digital audio connector and HDMI 2.1 video output.
The installed system is Android 9 Pie in its classic version and we have as standard between the IR remote control accessories.
Price and availability
- The TV-Box HK1 Play can be purchased at Gearbest.com from $42.99 (€ 38) shipping costs included.