Available for download the second Alpha version of Kodi 19 “Matrix”, a version change that imposes important new features on a technical level. The most profound change in the addon scope where it jumps to Phyton 3 and this will block all add-ons that are not updated, something that will certainly generate several problems. On the other hand there is more control over addons that will block the ability to overwrite official repositories.
In addition to this internal change KODI 19 Matrix receives improvements to play content based on the AV1 codec, it is now possible to decode this format by software. You have in this article the complete list of changes of this new version that represents the future of KODI for the next years.
- Download installer Kodi v19.0 Alpha2 for Windows 64bit, for all current PC’s.
- Download installer Kodi v19.0 Alpha2 for Windows 32bit, for very old hardware.
- Download apk Kodi v19.0 Alpha2 for Android 32bit ARM V7A, compatible with all TV-Boxes
- Download apk Kodi v19.0 Alpha2 for Android 64bit ARM V8A, only compatible with NVidia Shield TV, Realtek and some Rockchip SoC’s.
- Music: Display album duration in info dialog. Album duration can be used in smart playlists in the same way as for songs
- Music: Read tags and and album art from music files served from an http(s) server
- Music: Fix list view of files containing multiple streams
- Feature: Audio decoder addons can now pass more information on Kodi (album, year, notes …)
- Audio decoder addons can now pass more information to Kodi (album, year, notes …)
- ASS: Fixed timestamp overlapping overlays
- Improvements to both music and video library artwork
- Better “out the box” behaviour, optionally use all image files found in media folders
- Artwork levels – max, basic, custom, none
- GUI settings for custom configuration of whitelists (replacing awkward editing of advancedsettings.xml)
- Redesigned SeekBar that will auto-hide when video playback is paused
- Apple TV
- Fix Kodi crash on start after a manual install with dpkg -i command (jailbroken devices only)
- Fix TopShelf feature after a manual install with dpkg -i command (jailbroken devices only except Unc0verTV devices, needs investigation)
- Fix missing thumbs on TopShelf items
- Fix scripts/plugins not being notified of abortRequest intents on app close
- Deprecate xbmc.translatepath in favour of xbmcvfs.translatepath towards convergence with the binary addon API
- Broken/deprecated add-ons are now highlighted in the add-on list, and you’re now prompted when you try to activate one
- Fix: Prevent VFS addon changes (update, disable and uninstall) if in use
- Fix: VFS addon problem, where Kodi needed a restart before showing a newly-installed version
- Binary addon system revised to ensure higher security in data exchange between addon and Kodi (only inputstream missing)
- Revised binary add-on system documentation for outside developers (only inputstream missing)
- Internal binary add-on settings dialogs cleaned up, plus updated help text (audioencoder.kodi.builtin.aac, audioencoder.kodi.builtin.wma, screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim)