You can download today a new official version of Kodi Leia v18.8 available for install in Windows or Android devices. This version that updates the previous official version. Since version 18 we have substantial changes in its internal code and makes for example that compatible skins for this latest release are only a few, since they need to be updated in each version.
- Download installer Kodi v18.8 for Windows 64bit, for all current PC’s.
- Download installer Kodi v18.8 for Windows 32bit, for very old hardware.
- Download apk Kodi v18.8 for Android 32bit ARM V7A, compatible with all TV-Boxes
- Download apk Kodi v18.8 for Android 64bit ARM V8A, only compatible with NVidia Shield TV, Realtek and some Rockchip SoC’s.
- Fixes a severe security issue in gnutls
- Other significant library/compatibility updates
- Gets client/server on MariaDB 10.5.4 working for Android
- Fixes video database access for Ubuntu 20.4 and other distros using earlier libfmt versions (search and other filtering failed)
- Fixes subtitle handling from archives
- Fixes CDDB access
- Makes minor improvements to logging and memory reporting/display
- Fixes EDLs where skip points are at the very start of a file
- Contains code improvements to fix specific events, e.g. race conditions in the EPG or “pause” on end of streams on Android
- Enables alpha blending for the video player (Windows)
- Better handles specific exceptions (Android, mostly)