Sony has announced its new 7.00 firmware for his popular Playstation 4 console and as a novelty in this version the PS4 Remote Play service opens to any Android 5.0 device or higher. With this system we can remotely play any game that we are running on our PS4 in another area of our house. This system was previously limited to Sony phones and iPhone, we assume that we can also use it in any TV-Box, we will test it shortly and comment.
The 7.00 firmware is being deployed this week and will soon be available to everyone, the PS4 Remote Play app can already be installed on many devices outside the previously compatible Sony and iPhone. On the other hand to control the system we can use the touch controls on the screen or connect a compatible control.
The Dualshock 4 controller is also compatible but the Android 10, iOS 13, iPadOS 13 or macOS Catalina system is necessary, something that limits its use on devices that have not yet received the latest version of Android. From Sony it is recommended to connect through the network cable to the local network of our house with what in this aspect the TV-Boxes have an advantage with their hardware.
Requirements for PS4 Remote Play on Android
- Have updated our PS4 with firmware 7.00 or higher.
- Active account in Sony Playstation Network.
- Download the PS4 Remote Play App from Google Play o the APK from here to install manually.
- Android 5.0 or higher as a system.
- We can use our Smartphone or a compatible gamepad.
- To use the Dualshock 4 controller we need Android 10, iOS 13, iPadOS 13 or macOS Catalina.