We are going to explain in a few simple steps how to delete KODI 19 and return to KODI 18.9 on Android. This new version is giving many problems due to its incompatibility with very popular Add-ons and it is preferable to use the previous version.
With the version KODI 19 some changes has been imposed on the core of this content manager and many of its add-ons have stopped working and also has multiple problems with SAMBA to access local network content. Two very important functions that will be solved when the add-ons migrate to the new Phyton 3 and the SAMBA module is fixed.
Table of Contents
UNINSTALL KODI 19 IN ANDROID
On normal Android system like the ones we have on Chinese TV-Box, certified Android TV devices, on a mobile or tablet we can uninstall KODI 19 and reinstall KODI 18.9 in a very easy way. In addition, we can also block KODI 18.9 from updating itself easily.
- Go to Settings > Applications > KODI 19
- Click on KODI and select Uninstall.
INSTALL KODI 18.9 ON ANDROID
Download KODI and save the APK on your Android TV-Box or on a USB stick.
- Download apk for Kodi v18.9 for Android 32 bit ARM V7A compatible on all TV-Box.
- Download apk for Kodi v18.9 for Android 64 bit ARM V8A only SoC’s from NVidia, Realtek and some Rockchip.
- NOTE DOWNLOAD: there are browsers that block EXE and APK download, use right click “Save link as”, then in the download tab below click on the little arrow above next to “Discard” and select SAVE.
- Using any file explorer on Android we run the KODI 18.9 APK, enable “Unknown Origins” if we didn’t have it enabled previously and install by running the APK again if necessary.
BLOCK KODI 18.9 AUTO UPDATE ON ANDROID
- On Android mobile go to Google Play > Settings Menu (three little lines in the upper left corner)
- On Android TV go to Google Play > User Icon (top left corner) > Settings
- Under “Automatically update apps” we check “Do not update apps automatically“.
- To update the apps we will have to do it manually in Google Play > Settings > My apps
- This method will not update KODI only from 18.9 to 19.
- How to install Kodi Add-ons
- Connect an Android device with your PC through SAMBA
- SAMBA on Android, connection with Windows and alternatives
- How to configure KODI with a SAMBA network in a simple way
- NFS server in Windows to share files with Android devices