After a long time claiming to HBO Nordic an app for Europe or Other regions without HBO Now service for Android TV system it seems that we have finally this company has listened to our pleas, in devices such as the new Xiaomi Mi Box S or the Nvidia Shield TV we already have the new HBO Nordic app available in Google Play for Android TV. An app that extends the options for the Android TV system outside the US with one of the best catalogs of series, films and documentaries of today.
- With this new option we have more recommended compatible devices to watch HBO.
To see if our system is compatible we just have to find the HBO Nordic app within Google Play on our system and install it, for now it is in a fairly early version but it works well. Where we have not been able to install it has been on our Sony TV of 2015 with Android TV, the extracted Apk file seems to give some kind of error.
- Download the HBO Europe (Nordic) apk for Android TV and see if it works for you and comment your OS version and result.
- To playback contents our Android TV device needs to support Playready DRM, use DRM Info app to check it
- List of supported devices:
– Officially compatible: Xiaomi Mi Box int. / S , Nvidia Shield TV and Panasonic SmartTV
– Unofficially: Sony Smart TV with Android TV
– NOT Supported: Any TV-Box or device without Microsoft Playready DRM, check with DRM Info app
The HBO Nordic app for Android TV has a menu quite different from the normal version of Android, a design that responds to the use of the remote control instead of touch controls but includes the same options. We must remember that the controls of the size and style of subtitles are defined from the system settings in Android and not from the app, in the HBO app we can only choose the audio and video language preferences in addition to applying a parental control.
- Maximum resolution on HBO is 1080p and sound up to 5.1