The first final version of Kodi 19 “Matrix”, the first stable build of the new generation of this popular player and content manager, is now available for download and installation.
The most important change in this version is on the add-ons aspect, now are based in Phyton 3 and this will block all add-ons that are not updated, something that will certainly generate many problems. On the other hand there is more control over add-ons that will block the ability to overwrite official repositories. We will also have improvements to play contents based on the AV1 codec, now it is possible to decode this format by software. You have in this same article the complete list of changes of this new version that represents the future of KODI for the next years.
- SOME ADD-ONS DON’T WORK WITH KODI 19, yo can downgrade and install KODI 18.9 to solve these problems.
- Download installer Kodi v19.0 Final for Windows 64bit, for all current PC’s.
- Download installer Kodi v19.0 Final for Windows 32bit, for very old hardware.
- Download apk Kodi v19.0 Final for Android 32bit ARM V7A, compatible with all TV-Boxes
- Download apk Kodi v19.0 Final for Android 64bit ARM V8A, only for NVidia Shield TV, Realtek and some Rockchip SoC’s.
- NOTE DOWNLOAD: there are browsers that block EXE and APK download, use right click “Save link as”, then in the download tab below click on the little arrow above next to “Discard” and select SAVE.
AV1 software decoding, HLG HDR and static HDR10 playback on Windows 10, static HDR10 and dynamic Dolby Vision HDR support on Android, and more OpenGL bicubic scalers.
- Interface redesign:
Music section redesign; new metadata displays; changes to playlist views; a new “playing” view; improvements to artwork and image files; new and updated GUI controls.
- Subtitle improvements:
Now select a dark gray color and set opacity for subtitles (especially useful in HDR).
- Addons and Scrapers:
Change to Phyton 3. New Python Scrapers for music, Generic Album Scraper and Generic Artist Scraper. Binary addons in general get improvements in system documentation, clean configuration dialogs and better help text.
PVR and live TV:
PVR reminders, home screen widgets, group/channel manager improvements, navigation and dialog controls, context menus, New/Live/Finale/Premiere labels, channel numbering and sorting, performance improvements, API improvements.
Kodi will now enforce the origin of installed add-ons and their dependencies, which prevents third-party repositories from overwriting unrelated add-on code; broken or obsolete add-ons are now highlighted in the add-on list, so you have to actively agree to activate one; the binary add-on system now has better security around data exchange between Kodi and an add-on.
- Detailed list of changes
Hey, kodi updated to Matrix automatically over the weekend and unfortunately the files now skip intermittently and the player doesn’t allow fast forward, the file just freezes. Can only reply the first 7 minutes. Help please!
Hi. Downgrade to kodi 18.9: