Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate is a new mini PC of the Beelink brand of which today we present his review, a device with very compact design and NUC type format. This small computer that has a low-power Intel Pentium Silver J5005 processor, inside we have integrated 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM and has an mSATA disk installed by default with options of 128 or 256GB of storage. A miniPC that in this case has internal ventilation to keep temperatures at bay in high performance scenarios. Let’s see how it is defended in the following detailed review.
Table of Contents
The Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate comes in a blue cardboard box with the logo of the device, inside we found the MiniPC, two HDMI cables 4K60fps compatibles, Manual, VESA support, fixing screws and a DC 12V 2A adapter.
The Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate mini PC has a design that reminds us of Intel NUC models and where at the top of the case we have the brand logo. On the front we have a status LED on the rubber power button, two USB 3.0 ports and audio jack. On the side microSD reader and on the back we have the rest of the connectors where the double HDMI 2.0 port that allows us to connect two monitors at the same time stands out.
- Networks: Wifi ac + BT 4.2 (Intel 3165D) with two internal antennas / Gigabit Ethernet
- Expansions: 1x mSATA (128GB in review) / 1x SATA 2.5 “/ 1x miniPCIe for optional Wifi card
- Extras: VESA support
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and user experience
We turn on the Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate by pressing the front button of the box, as we see in the specifications we have Windows 10 Pro 64bit correctly activated, the list of devices has all its drivers installed correctly. The environment moves smoothly thanks to the 8GB of RAM we can load a lot of navigation tabs without loss of performance. A perfectly valid computer for office automation, multimedia and programs of all kinds.
- OS Version installed: Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
- Software pre-installed: None.
- Tutorials mini PC: Control the mini PC with your Smartphone / Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to SSD
Networks, Storage, RAM and Ports
As for network adapters in the Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate mini PC, we have an Intel 3165D AC Wireless Dual Band Adapter with integrated Bluetooth 4.2 and Gigabit Ethernet port. We pass mSATA disk storage speed tests installed by default and observe that it behaves normally. We also tested the 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM 2133MHz that comes standard in Dual Channel configuration with correct performance for this type of memory.
- USB ports: We have four USB 3.0 ports.
- Network performance: Good speed with two internal Wifi antennas. / Range 40 dBm, OK. / Bluetooth OK.
- Tutorials mini PC: Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to a SSD / Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks
Processor, performance and thermal
Inside the Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate mini PC we find an Intel Pentium Silver J5005 processor with four cores and four threads running between 1.5 and 2.6 GHz and an Intel HD Graphics 605 GPU up to 800 MHz with 18 EU. This chip has a maximum consumption of 10 W TDP, the results are correct within the Apollo Lake family and as we see it is at the level of more modern models with similar consumption. A mini PC that works perfectly for browsing, multimedia playback with KODI, use of office automation at the user level or even with design applications at the basic level.
- If you want to know some of the models in this comparative you can read their detailed reviews on this link.
- Power Consumption: Off 0.8W / Standby 5W / Basic use 10W / Maximum 25W.
- Thermal: Minimum 38ºC / Maximum 65ºC / Maintains performance up to 100% / Superior heating.
- Noise: Minino rpm = 25 db. / Maximum rpm = 40 db.
- Continuous extreme performance: Temperature 65ºC Max. / CPU 1.8 GHz / Without thermal throttling.
- Game performance: LOL 58ºC / CPU 1.9 GHz on average and 2.7 GHz maximum.
- Overclock: Available but we do not recommend touching the BIOS.
In our benchmark with games the Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate have the classic results in the line of this type of products, the Intel HD Graphics 605 GPU is perfectly valid for simple games such as those we can find in Android phones downloading them from the Microsoft Store. At the level of emulators at the most we stay in some simple Wii titles. We can also play smoothly 3D light games like LoL or similar, not enough power to play AAA games with demanding 3D.
- GTA V / Overwatch / Fortnite, low settings, 720p resolution and no VSync.
- LOL / CS:GO, ow settings, 1080p resolution and no VSync.
*On models with powerful discrete GPU settings in medium and 1080p resolution
VIDEO AND AUDIO TESTS
In the video playback aspect the Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate mini PC with the integrated Intel HD Graphics 605 have a VPU with hardware support for the HEVC codec and for basic VP9, in this processor we have support for 10bit color video and also HDR although we can reproduce it in basic color quality since Gemini Lake does not have HDR with native support. This mini PC is perfectly valid as a multimedia system to use KODI or PLEX.
- Video output: Image quality settings available from Intel control panel.
- Audio output: HDMI with Intel HD audio up to 7.1 / Audio jack with Realtek up to stereo / Without integrated microphone.
- Ports: Double monitor with HDMI 2.0 4K@60fps.
- Tutorials: Playback 4K videos with HEVC and VP9 seamlessly / Install KODI with add-ons / LibreELEC operating system for PC
- Configuration tutorial: Basic concepts and configuration for multichannel audio on Windows and Android
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip|
|Max. Bitrate||60 Mbps = 7,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bitrate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter or the limitations with our SAMBA Network.
|Format||DD / DTS 5.1||DD+ / DTS MA||DD True / DTS HR||DD Atmos / DTS X|
|HDMI||OK / OK||OK / OK||OK / OK||Core / Core*|
- PCM – Stereo only doing downmix from DD or DTS
- Core – Only the core of the format is played back with what we passed to the Dolby / DTS base system
* Our AV receiver does not support these native formats but we verify that it is played back to 7.1
For the streaming aspect in the Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate mini PC we check the most popular streaming services such as Youtube, Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime Video and others with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to see content in HD or 4K quality
- Performance: Has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on Youtube.
- Tutorial: Add-on for Chrome to force h.264 if we have problems with VP9.
|Streaming service||Video / Audio||Result||Manual|
|Youtube||4K60 (2060p) / 5.1||OK||–|
|Netflix||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1||OK||Netflix for PC|
|HBO||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|Amazon Prime Video||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||Amazon Prime video for PC|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||OK||–|
CONCLUSIONS AND BUY LINKS
As we have seen in the review, the Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate is a very complete miniPC in NUC format, it stands out for its compact size and for the possibility of expanding its internal storage. A small computer that can be valid for desktop use, browse intensively or run design applications at the basic level. This model has 8GB of RAM soldered on board and allows us to also install a 2.5″ disk, certainly very flexible despite its size.
The Beelink X55 Ultimate mini PC has an internal fan that keeps temperatures low and although it does not have semi-passive operation it is quite silent. At the level of network use the Wifi aC adapter behaves normally and we have a Gigabit Ethernet so we are well covered. The connectivity options are good with several USB ports and we like its dual HDMI 2.0 4K@60fps output where we can connect two monitors simultaneously.
The Beelink Gemini X55 Ultimate as we see is an interesting and compact computer, a good low-consumption mini PC model for desktop use or multimedia playback of a very compact size.
Where to buy
- As an alternative you can compare this product with our recommended models.