Teclast T40 Plus is a new tablet from the Teclast brand that we will see today in our analysis or review, a product of adjusted price and interesting features and that can serve us perfectly for day to day.
This tablet with 10.4″ inch IPS OGS screen integrates the UNISOC Tiger T618 SoC, an Octa Core with Cortex A73+A55 cores manufactured in 12 nm that reaches 2 GHz. In terms of specifications we have no less than 8 GB of RAM LPDDR4X and a total of 128 GB of internal storage eMMC expandable by microSD, Wifi ac + BT 5.0 and Android 11 system. In the following analysis we will check how this new tablet works and how it compares to the competition in the sector.
Table of Contents
The Teclast T40 Plus tablet has a metal part and a plastic part, the screen frames are quite small for this type of product. On the upper front we have a 5 MP camera and an 8 MP rear camera, in the upper and lower area we have four speakers, on the perimeter we have the volume buttons, power, USB-C connector, audio jack and SIM slot with microSD.
- Connectivity: USB 3.1 Type-C port, charging and data / audio jack / microSD + SIM.
- Vibration and leds: No vibration / No charging Led.
In the upper and lower area we have four integrated speakers that give us a fairly powerful sound and better than the average of these devices. It has an 8 MP rear camera and we also have an audio jack to connect headphones easily.
- Speakers and microphone: Four speakers / Built-in microphones.
The 10.4″ IPS OGs screen has a fairly powerful brightness for normal indoor use, but can suffer outdoors, the color quality and contrast is quite good. The installed IPS OGS screen is good for home multimedia use or for browsing, having a system without separation between screen and outer glass (OGS) gives us a very good image quality. It also has a correct touch system with 10-point detection.
- Size and format: 10.4″ IPS GPS / 2000×1200.
- Light output: NO automatic brightness / Good contrast / No light leakage.
- Viewing angles and touch: OK IPS OGS type viewing angles / Acceptable accuracy and sensitivity / 10-point touch.
- Display settings and protection: Reading modes / Screen protection in quick settings.
Cameras, Sensors, Modem and GPS
The cameras of the Teclast T40 Plus tablet are of low quality, have few options in the settings and can only serve us for basic videoconferencing. The 5 MP video conferencing camera is poor, we have very dull colors and the 8 MP rear camera in low light has some pretty dire results. The GPS behaves normally and triangulates the position without problem but it is not very accurate.
- Cameras: Front 5 MP / Rear 8 MP.
- Sensors and security: Gyroscope / Accelerometer.
- Modem and GPS: 4G-LTE SIM + microSD / Basic GPS.
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and user experience
We start the Teclast T40 Plus tablet and we see that it comes with the Android 11 system without any additional annoying software. In a basic use for browsing and consuming multimedia content it moves very smoothly and we can use the most common apps without problems thanks to the SoC UNISOC T618 that in browsing heavy webs defends itself well. In the lower area we have the classic Android buttons that we can hide and in the upper area we have the curtain with shortcuts.
- Launcher: We can change the launcher / Android UI rendered at 2000×1200.
- Multitasking and access: Multi-task control / Yes it has PiP support.
- Languages and Google Play: All international Android languajes / Google Play installed.
We checked the system data and the available options and at all times the system is stable in daily use. We have the firmware with Google Play installed which works perfectly and is updated by OTA when connected to the internet.
- Version and root: Android 11 (64 bit) / NO root by default / NO root menu.
- Support: OTA updates / Firmware NOT available / Custom firmware NOT available.
Network, storage, RAM and ports
We passed the usual performance tests to the memory and internal storage in the Teclast T40 Plus. The internal storage can be expanded using the microSD card reader. The internal storage results are good compared to other tablets in its price range. The Wifi range is quite good thanks to the Wifi ac connectivity and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity presents no problems.
- Storage: Free 95GB eMMC / 121/146 MBps L/E, good / SI expandable by microSD.
- RAM: Total 8 GB – Free 7 GB / LPDDR4X.
- Network performance: Wifi Max. 277/115 Mbps, good / Range 49 dBm, OK / Bluetooth OK.
- We recommend reading our Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks if we are going to use files from our network PC.
Power and performance
In terms of power the Teclast T40 Plus has a UNISOC T618 Octa Core chip that has a cluster of two high-performance Cortex-A75 CPUs capable of reaching 2 Ghz and another cluster with six Cortex-A75 that reach a maximum speed of 2 Ghz, in the graphics section we have a Mali-G52 MP3 GPU that is in the medium / low range today. A SoC manufactured in 12 nm that has very controlled consumption. As we can see the good performance and is quite well compared to direct competition especially if we compare the cost of each.
- See our Comparison of the UNISOC T618 SoC against all SoCs in the industry for more details.
In terms of power thanks to the integrated GPU Mali-G52 MP3 we can play demanding games like PUBG at medium / low level, Genshin Impact in medium / low quality to be so demanding or the popular COD: Mobile in medium quality quite smoothly.
- Games and emulators: PUBG low/medium, Genshin low/medium, COD: Mobile medium / Emulators up to Wii / YES supports Vulkan.
- Controls: Compatible with Gamepads via cable or bluetooth.
Battery and temperature
The Teclast T40 Plus has a 6600 mAh battery, as we have checked the autonomy is good in a normal mixed use and using the screen brightness at medium level. If we run demanding games the battery drops quickly as normal, but in general we have very normal figures in this range where it is better not to move away from a charger if we are going to use it a lot.
- Battery: Light use 9 hours, intensive mixed 3 hours / Max Charge 14W.
- Standby: Connected to Wifi and unused it can last about 7 days or more.
- Temperature: The back heats up very little.
VIDEO AND AUDIO TEST
Video and audio connections
In the video playback section the Teclast T40 Plus has a VPU compatible with h.265 and h.264 codecs for resolutions up to 4K 8 bit, it is not compatible with HDR content and has support for VP9 codec up to 1080p. We can use players like KODI or PLEX correctly without compatibility problems. As for audio we can play DD and DTS sound, but only in stereo with the audio jack.
- Color and HDR: 8 bit support / NO HDR support.
- Audio settings: Stereo jack / No audio certificates.
- Media sharing: Chromecast NO / Miracast NO / DLNA with BlubblePnP / Airplay NO.
- Tutorials: Install add-on in KODI / Judder effect, how to fix it / Multi-channel audio guide / Correct dark video playback in Android.
Video and audio test results
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||Frameskip (SW)|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K@24fps / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K@60fps / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|VP9 P1 / 4K@24fps / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K@60fps / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|VP9 P2 / 8K@60fps / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s.|
- The maximum bitrate depends on the port used to connect or the limitations of SAMBA Networks.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Dolby||5.1 / Plus / Atmos / True HD = PCM|
|DTS||5.1 / MA / HR / X = PCM|
- PCM – Stereo only doing downmix from DD or DTS
- Core – Only the core of the format is played back with what we passed to the Dolby or DTS base system / More info
We ran several tests on streaming services to check how the most popular services work. The Teclast T40 Plus tablet offers us the possibility of watching streaming content in basic quality for Netflix staying in SD+, we are surprised with good quality in other similar services such as Amazon Prime Video or Disney+. Fortunately, the SoC does offer apps on Google Play without complications.
- DRM: Google Widevine L3.
- Audio certification: No.
- Tutorials: Change the size of the captions and the mouse pointer on Android / Install Addons in KODI in a simple way
|Streaming service||Video / Audio|
|Youtube||FHD (1080p) / Stereo|
|Google Play Movies||HD (720p) / Stereo|
|Netflix||SD+ (540p) / Stereo / Netflix Guide|
|HBO||SD (480p) / Stereo / HBO Guide|
|Disney+||HD (720p) / Stereo / Installing the app / Disney+ Guide|
|Amazon Prime Video||HD (720p) / Stereo / Prime Video Guide|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080i) / Stereo|
CONCLUSIONS AND BUY LINKS
After testing the Teclast T40 Plus tablet we can say that it is an interesting tablet with a good screen and adequate performance for the price. In this tablet we have the SoC UNISOC T618 Octa Core that has a pretty good performance and has a GPU that allows us to run powerful games properly in adjusted quality for very demanding titles. Also good connectivity Wifi aC + Bluetooth 5.0 that behaves well even if the range is not like the top of the range models obviously, the four speakers that mount give us a sound somewhat better than average, we also have audio jack.
The Teclast T40 Plus tablet has a 10.4″ OGS IPS screen that we can use comfortably indoors and has a fairly good color quality and contrast. This tablet for the price has an acceptable battery life, the SoC controls the energy expenditure well, but when we demand performance we can logically omo quickly ocae the percentage.
After testing the Teclast T40 Plus tablet we can say that it offers a pretty good product with a quality screen. A suitable model for those looking for something with content price and valid for games at a good level.