In this tutorial we want to explain how to install the Disney+ app on any Android TV-Box, Tablet, or Smartphone without depending on Google Play. This app is not available in the official app store of some devices and the message “Your device is not compatible with this version” is displayed. This problem is not exclusive to models not certified by Disney + since even on top brand phones or tablets they seem to have this limitation. As we have verified we continue with the same limitations with the sound that we hope will be solved soon, reporting this issue to Disney with messages.
Table of Contents
DISNEY+ NOT COMPATIBLE MESSAGE
By default, the Disney+ app in Google Play shows in not compatible with any unofficial TV-Box, mobile or tablet, since it is NOT certified hardware, we cannot install this app directly. If we carry out a normal search for Disney + in Google Play on a TV-Box, the application does not appear in the results and only apps that have an indirect relationship are shown to us.
HOW TO FIX DISNEY+ NOT COMPATIBLE PROBLEM
Fortunately, the limitation that prevents installing Disney+ from Google Play is not critical because we can manually install the Disney + app in a very simple way by following the steps we describe in the following manual.
- We are going to need a mouse or fly mouse to control this app with no problem
- DOWNLOAD Disney+ APK for Android 5.0 or superior, can playback HD quality
- Install instructions and tips:
– Install this APK using any installed file explorer or using Solid Explorer or X-Plorer
– Only the official compatible TV-Boxes are compatible with 4K HDR
- AUDIO WARNING
Solution 1 (SD video):
– We enter our Profile> App settings> Wifi data use> Save data (stereo sound and HD video)
Solution 2 (HD video):
– The audio is only heard if we download the content to the device since it is downloaded in stereo sound and HD video.
Why Disney+ don’t have audio directly?
– The sound in most of the titles only have sound if we have the TV-Box connected to an AV receiver to decode Dolby Digital Plus, otherwise we will not have audio. See our Android multi-channel sound guide
- Once installed we can use it with normality, we can Adjust the captions with this guide
- The application will not be updated from Google Play since it will be marked as not compatible with our device
HOW TO PREVENT DISNEY + FROM UPDATING
It is possible that the Disney+ app of problems in some more advanced version in our TV-Box and installs a new incompatible version. To block this you have to go to Google Play, open the menu of this application (three lines in the search bar) go to the Disney + app and at the top where the 3 dots appear we deactivate “Update automatically”
- NOTE: If we cannot find the app on Google Play, it is not necessary to carry out this step.