Since a few days ago we had comments from our users that suddenly Netflix was not in the Google Play store and Android TV Box models that had it installed marked it as being incompatible with the device. As it seems this is not exclusive to TV-Boxes since even on premium branded phones with the bootloader unlocked without being root also suffer from this incompatibility.
Table of Contents
CAUSES FOR THE NOT COMPATIBLE MESSAGE ON NETFLIX
During the tests we have been able to perform on the Android TV Boxes that we have available Netflix on Google Play is no longer compatible with any TV-Box since it is not a certified device that complies with the regulations imposed by Google for this software, it does not matter whether we are root or not. As we can see if we do a normal Netflix search on Google Play on any TV-Box the application does not appear in the results and only show us apps that have an indirect relationship.
- The exact error message is: Your device isn’t compatible with this version.
The same applies to mobile phones and tablets that have the bootloader unlocked, something which of course has not liked anything to the international scene. Luckily this limitation is not critical because Netflix itself tells us which is the appropriate solution to continue to see content, something that will never completely limit.
HOW TO INSTALL NETFLIX ON ANY DEVICE
- We are going to need a mouse or fly mouse to control the Netflix without problems.
- Activate the option Settings> Security> “Unknown sources” on our device (the route may vary)
- Apps available to watch Netflix on unofficial device models.
– Netflix v3.9.1 for classic Android, old but very compatible in old devices, up to 854×480.
– Netflix v4.16 Official for Android from its official website, maximum compatibility, max resolution. 854×480.
– Netflix v6.22 for Android that can run up to 960x540p. (Best compatibility)
– Netflix v7.1 for Android that can run up to 960x540p.
– Netflix v7.41 for Android that can run up to 960x540p.
– Netflix for Android TV App does not work because the DRM protection, we need to use the previous apps.
– 4K and HD resolutions are limited to Netflix certified devices.
- Install the APK once you have finished the download using a File Explorer (for Android TV devices read this).
- Once installed, we can use it with total normality.
- The application will not be updated from Google Play because it will be marked as not compatible with our device.
- We can check the stream quality playing the title “Test Patterns”
- Fix error 0013 using Netflix on Android devices
- Netflix in HD and 4K for Android, a small guide
- How to install Google Play on Xiaomi devices with Chinese firmware
- How to fix the message “Device not certified by Google” on Android
- Install the Netflix add-on in KODI
- Netflix 4K: how an Android TV-Box can get official compatibility