Beelink SER4 4800U is the new compact mini PC of the Beelink brand that today we present its analysis or review. A computer with a very small size but that offers us a very high power.
Inside this small computer we find the AMD Ryzen 7 4800U processor that integrates a Vega 8 GPU with variants of 16/32 GB of DDR4 RAM, a 512 GB M.2 NVMe drive and space for a 2.5″ drive. This device also allows us to connect three monitors at the same time to control multiple applications or for digital signage. This Beelink comes with the Windows 11 Pro operating system installed and with the hardware set that offers us enough power to run any design app or others that require high performance.
Let’s see how this device performs in our review and how it fares against its rivals.
Beelink SER4 4800U details
The new Beelink SER4 4800U mini PC comes in a fairly simple but well protected cardboard box. Inside we find the small protected computer with its contents, manual, 2x HDMI cable, VESA bracket and 19V 3A charger (57 W).
The Beelink SER4 4800U has a metal case and vents around the perimeter as well as the top area. An improvement of the box in this range that is appreciated to have controlled thermals.
On the front we have a power button, BIOS reset, audio in/out jack, USB-C data and video (NOT power) and a USB 3.0 Type-A port. In the rear area we find two USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 2 HDMI 2.0, a Gigabit Ethernet and for power supply we have a round DC port.
Mounted on this PC we find the Wifi 6E + Bluetooth 5.0 (AMD RZ608) adapter with two internal antennas and two Gigabit Ethernet ports (Realtek). We also have installed a SSD M.2 512GB 2280 NVMe Intel SSD and for RAM we have two slots SODIMM DDR4 3200 MHz Crucial. We also have a housing for a 2.5″ SATA storage drive in the top cover.
- RAM: 16/32 GB DDR4 Crucial 3200MHz max / 2x SODIMM.
- Storage: 512 GB 1x M.2 2280 NVMe Intel / 1x M.2 2280 SATA / 1x SATA 3 2.5″.
- Network: Wifi 6E + BT 5.0 (AMD RZ608) / 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek).
System and performace
Environment and user experience
We start the Beelink SER4 4800U mini PC using the front power button and the small blue front LED lights up. We have Windows 11 Pro activated, with its drivers installed correctly ready to work and we only have to run Windows Update to keep it up to date. The system moves smoothly and starts up fast thanks to the Ryzen 7 processor and it is possible to load a good number of browsing tabs without dropping performance. A valid computer for office, multimedia and to work with calculation apps that require power.
- OS Version installed: Windows 11 Pro 64bit.
- Software pre-installed: None.
- Tutorials: Control the micro PC with your Smartphone / Install Windows 11 / Migrate Windows to SSD
Networks, Storage, RAM and Ports
This computer terms of network connectivity, the Beelink SER4 4800U PC has a Wifi 6E + BT 5.0 wireless adapter (AMD RZ608) and one Ethernet Gigabit port (Realtek). The speed results are quite good and we have a correct range.
- Network performance: Two internal Wifi antennas / Range 40 dBm / Link 5G 780 Mbps / Bluetooth OK.
We tested the storage speed of the installed Intel M.2 512GB NVMe disk and observed that it behaves normally according to the specifications. For the performance tests we have 32 GB of DDR4 3200 MHz Crucial RAM with Dual Channel configuration.
- USB ports: USB 3.2 Type-C (data + video, NOT power) / 3x USB 3.0 / 1x USB 2.0.
- PC Tutorials: Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to a SSD / Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks
Processor, performance and thermal
This Beelink SER4 4800U computer has the powerful AMD Ryzen 7 4800U processor manufactured in 7nm. A chip with eight cores Zen 2 and sixteen threads that moves between 1.8 and 4.2GHz and in the graphics section has a Vega 8 GPU up to 1750 MHz. This chip has a staggered consumption of 10/25 W TDP and the results are quite good although the GPU performance limited by consumption being a processor intended for laptops. A PC that works perfectly for heavy editing applications, multimedia playback with KODI or IPTV, office use and relatively demanding 3D games.
- Performance modes: BIOS > Advance > AMB CBS > NBIO > GFX config = Specified/Auto/Game
As we can see in the performance tests of the new Beelink SER4 4800U is quite good in computing power compared to other chips of similar range and we can use demanding programs quite smoothly. The installed Vega 8 GPU, as we can see, is more limited even if we increase the power consumption limit in the BIOS and in Windows (power plan > high performance).
This mini PC as we found gives us a good thermal performance system temperatures are kept under control with its variable RPM fan and emits very little noise, at rest is almost inaudible and in games is quite audible but not outrageous. This APU with its 7 nm is efficient and has a fairly low power consumption.
- Power consumption: Off 0.9W / Idle 8W / Basic use 24W / Maximum 41W.
- Thermal: Idle 40ºC / Basic use 46ºC / Maximum 72ºC / CPU 4.2 GHz max / Performance up to 100%.
- Gaming performance: LoL 69ºC / CPU 3.42 GHz on average.
- Noise: 46dBA Max / Variable RPM / NO Semi-passive.
- Fans: YES can be adjusted in BIOS.
We ran several performance tests while running games on the Beelink SER4 4800U, the results are in line with this type of GPU integrated into the Ryzen, the Vega 8 GPU is suitable for games in 1080p quality if they are not very demanding as the system falls somewhat short in games with high 3D load. As for emulators at most we are left with some simple Wii and similar titles. If we are going to play games, Dual Channel memory is a MUST.
- Setting: High quality / 1080p resolution / No VSync / Play emulators with RetoArch.
* On models with integrated Intel HD GPU on low and 720p resolution.
We can play games like LoL, in more demanding games like Fornite with the graphics settings in performance mode is playable because it reaches 90 fps in low quality and in DX11 mode we can reach 60 fps. If we are mainly interested in the Gaming section is better to go for a PC with a dedicated GPU where we will have a much smoother experience.
- BIOS setting to improve performance:
– Advanced > AMD CBS > NBIO > SMU > System Conf. > 35W.
– Advance > AMB CBS > NBIO > GFX config = Game
Video and audio tests
On the video playback side, the mini PC Beelink SER4 4800U PC has an integrated Vega 8 GPU which features a VPU with hardware support for HEVC and VP9 codecs and we do not have support for the modern AV1 video codec. In this processor has support for 10bit color and native HDR support by default. This PC is perfectly valid as a multimedia system to use KODI, IPTV or to use it with PLEX app.
- Video outputs: 2x HDMI 2.0 + USB Type-C / HDR10 / Adjust image quality in our monitor.
- Audio outputs: HDMI up to 7.1 / Stereo audio jack.
- Tutorials: 4K videos with HEVC, VP9 / Install KODI with add-ons / Auto refresh rate / Multichannel audio on Windows
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK (SW)|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bit rate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter with our SAMBA Network.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Native||Dolby 5.1 – Plus / DTS 5.1 – Master Audio|
|Core||Dolby HD – Atmos / DTS HR – X|
- Native – Supports the format directly in our AV receiver or similar / More info.
- Core – Only the 5.1 core of the format is played so we go to the Dolby or DTS base system / More info.
- PCM – Only stereo downmixing from DD or DTS.
We passed several tests with the Beelink SER4 4800U micro PC with the most popular streaming services we pass some test for Youtube, Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video and others with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to see content in FullHD or 4K quality.
- Performance: Has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on Youtube.
- Tutorial: Install Addons in KODI in a simple way / LibreELEC for PC
|Streaming service||Video / Audio|
|Youtube||4K (2160p) / 5.1|
|Netflix||4K (2160p) / 5.1 / Netflix guide for PC|
|HBO MAX||FullHD (1080p) / Estéreo / HBO MAX guide for PC|
|Disney+||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Disney+ guide for PC|
|Prime Video||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Prime Video guide for PC|
|Apple TV+||4K (2160p) / 5.1 / Apple TV+ Guide|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080i) / Stereo|
Conclusions and buy links for Beelink SER4 4800U
After testing the Beelink SER4 4800U mini PC we can say that this is one of the most powerful mini PCs we have touched. This computer offers us a powerful AMD Ryzen 7 4800U processor with a Vega 8 GPU that defends itself quite well, has three 4K video outputs and Gigabit Ethernet port to transfer large files. This small computer can be hung on its VESA bracket or placed anywhere on your desk without taking up space.
The Beelink SER4 4800U offers a high computing power that makes it suitable even for any heavy task. We have a 512GB Intel M.2 2280 NVMe SSD, option to mount a SATA 3 2.5″ disk and two SODIMM slots that allow easy expansion of RAM.
This computer also stands out for integrating Wifi 6E with good performance and for having a cooling system that works perfectly with a fan that we will only hear running heavy games or launching demanding calculations, but that is not excessively annoying.
As we have found the Beelink SER4 4800U is a new powerful and very compact mini PC. This computer is sufficient for professional use in many applications and allows you to run several demanding games.