We explain in this article how to delete KODI 20 and revert to KODI 19.5 on Android in a few simple steps. KODI 20 present some incompatibility issues with Add-ons, and it is preferable to use the previous version.
With the version KODI 20 some changes has been imposed on the core of this content manager and many of its add-ons have stopped working an, also has other classic problems of a major version jump. I am sure that in future versions, the current issues will be solved.
KODI BACKUP FOR ADD-ONS
If we want before uninstall KODI 20 we can make a backup of the installed add-ons and settings. Then it is possible to install the old version KODI 19.5 (downgrade) as explained in this guide and restore the addons from this backup.
UNINSTALL KODI 20 ON ANDROID
On normal Android system like the ones we have on Chinese TV-Box, certified Android TV devices, Fire TV, Smart TV on a mobile or tablet we can uninstall KODI 20 and reinstall KODI 19.5 in a very easy way. In addition, we can also block KODI 19.5 from updating itself easily.
- Go to Settings > Applications > KODI 20
- Click on KODI and select Uninstall.
INSTALL KODI 19.5 ON ANDROID
Download KODI and save the APK on your Android TV-Box or on a USB stick.
- Download apk Kodi v19.5 Final for Android 32bit ARM V7A, compatible with all TV-Boxes
- Download apk Kodi v19.5 Final for Android 64bit ARM V8A, only for NVidia Shield TV, Realtek and some Rockchip SoC’s.
- NOTE DOWNLOAD: there are browsers that block EXE and APK download, use right click “Save link as”, then in the download tab below click on the little arrow above next to “Discard” and select SAVE.
- Using any file explorer on Android we run the KODI 19.5 APK, enable “Unknown Origins” if we didn’t have it enabled previously and install by running the APK again if necessary.
BLOCK KODI 19.5 AUTO UPDATE ON ANDROID
- On Android mobile, go to Google Play >Menu (three little lines in the upper left corner) > Settings
- On Android TV or Google TV, go to Google Play > User Icon (top right corner) > Settings
- Under “Automatically update apps” we check “Do not update apps automatically“.
- To update the apps we will have to do it manually in Google Play > Settings > My apps
- This method will not update KODI only from 19.5 to 19.
- How to install Kodi Add-ons
- Connect an Android device with your PC through SAMBA
- SAMBA on Android, connection with Windows and alternatives
- How to configure KODI with a SAMBA network in a simple way
- NFS server in Windows to share files with Android devices