Lenovo Tab P11 Pro or also known as Lenovo XiaoXin Pad Pro in the Chinese market is the interesting tablet that we are going to see today in our analysis or review and that does not leave indifferent.
This tablet with 11.5″ inch OLED HDR screen integrates the interesting Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G SoC, an Octa Core with Kyro 470 cores an Adreno 618 GPU. In addition to having a body with aluminum unibody design has 6 GB of RAM LPDDR4X, 128 GB of internal storage UFS 2.1, Wifi aC 2×2 MIMO + BT 5.0 and Android 10 system. In the following review we will check how this new tablet fares and how it compares to the direct competition.
Table of Contents
Description Lenovo Tab P11 Pro
The Lenovo Tab P11 Pro tablet has a unibody aluminum body with a thickness of 5.8mm certainly spectacular and also stands out for its fairly light weight for the size it has. It has a fairly narrow frames, on the front we have a front camera 8MP + IR, light sensor and facial detection, we also have two microphones.
- Connectivity: USB 3.1 Type-C port with video output, fast charging 20 W and data.
- Vibration and leds: YES it has vibration / No charging LED.
On the two sides we have four integrated 1W JBL speakers that give us an excellent sound and Dolby Atmos compatible. It has a 13MP AF + 8MP Wide + flash rear camera and on one of the sides it has a microSD slot with which we can expand the internal storage. This tablet does not have an audio jack, but it does come with a cable to connect them to the USB 3.1 Type-C full featured with charging, data and video functions that we have on one side.
- Speakers and microphone: Four 1W JBL speakers with excellent sound / Dolby Atmos / Microphones with good quality.
The 11.5″ OLED screen of the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro has good brightness for indoors, it can suffer outdoors where it may be a little short and has color and power controls for night reading. As screen coating we have glass that gives us a very good visibility, a very good OLED Pentile screen for home multimedia use or for browsing. It also has a very good touch screen with hand detection and 4096 pressure levels with good pressure.
- Size and aspect ratio: 11.5″ OLED / 2560×1600 / 16:10
- Light output: YES auto brightness / High contrast / No light leakage as usuall with OLED.
- Viewing angles and touch: Correct OLED Pentile type / Accuracy and sensitivity at high level / 4096 pressure levels.
- Screen settings and protection: Color modes in settings / Screen protection in quick settings.
Cameras, Sensors, Modem and GPS
The cameras of the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro tablet are of good quality, have multiple options in the settings and we have multiple formats for taking photos, including panoramic rear taking into account that the integrated flash is more for something anecdotal than for real use. We can make video conferencing at a good level by the image and audio quality of the two integrated microphones. The GPS behaves normally and triangulates the position without problem. We can unlock the tablet with face detector or through the side fingerprint reader, although it is not the fastest we have tested.
- Cameras: Front 8MP + IR / Rear 13MP AF + 8MP Wide + flash
- Sensors and security: Accelerometer / Light / Side fingerprint / ToF face unlock.
- Modem and GPS: No modem included in this version / GPS with good accuracy.
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and user experience
We start the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro tablet and we see that it comes with a fairly clean Android 10 system. In a basic use for browsing and consuming multimedia content it moves very smoothly and we can use the most common apps without problems thanks to the SoC Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G that in heavy web browsing looks fast. In the lower area we have the classic Android buttons that we can hide and change by gestures, in the upper area we have the curtain with shortcuts.
- Launcher: We can change the launcher / Android UI rendered at 2560×1600.
- Multitasking and access: Multi-task control / Yes it has PiP support.
- Languages and Google Play: All international Android languajes / Google Play installed.
We checked the system data and the available options, at all times the system is stable in daily use. We have the European firmware installed which works perfectly and is updated by OTA when connected to the internet.
- Version and root: Android 10 (64 bit) / NO root by default / NO root menu.
- Support: OTA updates / Firmware NOT available / Custom firmware NOT available.
Network, storage, RAM and ports
We performed our usual memory and internal storage tests on the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro. The internal storage can be expanded using the included microSD card reader. The internal storage results are very good compared to other tablets and the excellent performance of the UFS 2.1 system, far superior to eMMC, is noticeable. The Wifi range is quite good thanks to the Wifi ac 2×2 MIMO connectivity and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity presents no problems.
- Storage: Free 53GB UFS 2.1 / 489/201 MBps L/E, excellent / YES expandable by microSD.
- RAM: Total 6 GB – Free 4 GB / LPDDR4X.
- Network performance: Wifi Max. 260/205 Mbps, good / Range 40 dBm, OK / Bluetooth OK.
- We recommend reading our Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks if we are going to use files from our network PC.
Power and performance
In terms of power, the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G Octa Core SoC that has a cluster of 2 high-performance Kryo 470 CPUs capable of reaching 2.2 Ghz and another cluster with six Kryo 470 that reach a maximum speed of 1.8 Ghz, in the graphics section we have an Adreno 618 GPU that is in the mid-range today. A SoC manufactured in Samsung 8nm process that has very controlled consumption. As we can see the performance is excellent and is quite well compared to the direct competition, especially if we compare prices.
In terms of power thanks to the integrated GPU Adreno 618 we can play demanding games like PUBG at medium / high level, Genshin Impact in medium / low quality to be so demanding or the popular COD: Mobile in high quality quite smoothly.
- Games and emulators: PUBG medium, Genshin medium, COD: Mobile high / Emulators up to Wii / YES supports Vulkan.
- Controls: Compatible with Gamepads via cable or bluetooth.
Battery and temperature
The Lenovo Tab P11 Pro has a 8600 mAh battery, the autonomy is very good in normal mixed use and using the screen brightness at medium level. If we play demanding games the battery drops more quickly as normal, but overall we have very good figures, noteworthy is the autonomy when in standby which is very high and can last for days.
- Battery: Light use 10 hours, intensive mixed 6 hours / Charge 20 W 1 hour.
- Standby: Connected to Wifi and unused can last about 10 days or more.
- Temperature: The back heats up very little in the lower area where the SoC is located.
VIDEO AND AUDIO TEST
Video and audio connections
As for video playback the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro has a VPU compatible with h.265 and h.264 codecs for resolutions up to 4K 10 bit, supports HDR content and has support for VP9 4K@60fps codec. We can use players like KODI or PLEX correctly without compatibility problems. In terms of audio we can play DD and DTS sound, but only in stereo with the audio jack, it includes Dolby Atmos certificate.
- Color and HDR: Support 10 bit / Dolby Vision / HDR.
- Audio settings: Stereo jack with USB-C adapter / Dolby Atmos compatible.
- Media sharing: Chromecast NO / Miracast NO / DLNA with BlubblePnP / Airplay NO.
- Tutorials: Install add-on in KODI / Judder effect, how to fix it / Multi-channel audio guide / Correct dark video playback in Android.
Video and audio test results
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||Frameskip (SW)|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K@24fps / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K@60fps / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K@24fps / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K@60fps / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 8K@60fps / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s.|
- The maximum bitrate depends on the port used to connect or the limitations of SAMBA Networks.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Dolby||5.1 / Plus / Atmos = OK || True HD = Core|
|DTS||5.1 / MA = OK || HR / X = Core|
- PCM – Stereo only doing downmix from DD or DTS
- Core – Only the core of the format is played back with what we passed to the Dolby or DTS base system / More info
We conducted several tests on streaming services to check how the most popular services work. The Lenovo Tab P11 Pro tablet offers us the possibility of watching streaming content in somewhat higher quality than on Chinese tablets without permissions, in the case of Netflix we can watch it in HD quality which is very good for the screen size we have. It also surprises us with good quality in other similar services such as Amazon Prime Video or Disney+.
- DRM: Google Widevine L1
- Audio certification: Dolby Atmos.
- Tutorials: Change the size of the captions and the mouse pointer on Android / Install Addons in KODI in a simple way
|Streaming service||Video / Audio|
|Youtube||4K (2060p) / Stereo|
|Google Play Movies||HD (720p) / Stereo|
|Netflix||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo / Installing the app / Netflix Guide|
|HBO MAX||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo / HBO MAX Guide|
|Disney+||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo / Disney+ Guide|
|Amazon Prime Video||4K HDR (2060p) / Stereo / Prime Video Guide|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080i) / Stereo|
CONCLUSIONS AND BUY LINKS
Lenovo XiaoXin Pad Pro0.00
Having analyzed the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro tablet we can say that it is certainly a spectacular tablet for its price. In this model we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G Octa Core SoC that has a very good performance, very controlled consumption and a GPU that allows us to run powerful games at a good level. We also have good connectivity Wifi ac 2×2 MIMO with Bluetooth 5.0. In terms of finishes the tablet with its very tight dimensions and unibody metal body offers a very nice set. The quality cameras and the four powerful JBL speakers round out the set to get the most out of it, plus we have USB-C full featured with video output.
The Lenovo Tab P11 Pro tablet also has an 11.5″ OLED screen that we can use comfortably indoors, has excellent image quality and supports HDR. One of the strengths of this tablet is the battery life, the SoC controls a lot of energy expenditure, the sleep mode gives us autonomy for many days and consumes little in normal use. We also have 20 W fast charging so we do not have to wait hours to use it.
Undoubtedly the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro tablet stands out for its design and hardware specifications in general, a model for those looking for high quality at a reasonable price for its features.