Newsmaytech AC6-M is a new tiny micro PC that today we present its review, a small computer that allows desktop and multimedia use with minimal noise.
This small micro PC integrates the Intel Celeron J4125 processor with an Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU, with 8 GB of RAM DDR4, M.2 SATA drive installed and several connection ports despite its small case. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro and despite its size the hardware included allows us to use it for office, multimedia, browsing or using desktop apps. Let’s see how this device behaves in our review and how it fares against the competition.
The new Newsmaytech AC6-M comes in a simple but well protected cardboard box. Inside we find the small computer protected between foams, HDMI cable and charger 12V 2A (24 W).
The Newsmaytech AC6-M surprises us above all by its reduced dimensions where we observe a good number of perforations for ventilation. On the front we have a status LED and the power button, on one side we have the audio jack, microSD and Kensington lock. In the rear area we find two USB 3.0 ports, HDMI 1.4, Gigabit Ethernet and for power supply we have a USB-C port.
Inside this micro PC we find the Wifi ac + BT 5.0 adapter (RTL 8821CE) with two internal antennas, we also have installed a 128GB M.2 2242 SATA disk and the RAM memory is integrated into the motherboard.
- Storage: 64GB/128GB/256GB 1x M.2 2242 SATA / 1x microSD 512GB max.
- Network: Wifi ac + BT 5.0 (RTL 8821CE) / 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Intel l225-LM).
In the upper area we have a very quiet fan and the noise it generates is barely audible in an environment with some ambient noise. The arrangement of the fan, the fin system of the heatsink and the arrangement of the CPU at the top surrounded by ventilation holes mean that this small computer has no notable thermal problems.
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and user experience
We boot the Newsmaytech AC6-M micro PC by pressing the front power button and as the specifications indicate we have Windows 10 Pro 64bit activated and with its drivers installed correctly. The system moves smoothly thanks to the 8 GB of RAM and it is possible to load a good number of browsing tabs without loss of performance. A fully valid computer for office, multimedia and that we can easily expand.
- OS Version installed: Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
- Software pre-installed: None.
- Tutorials micro PC: Control the micro PC with your Smartphone / Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to SSD
The system BIOS has multiple options, we recommend NOT TOUCH ANYTHING to avoid activating any function that may brick the system. If we have problems we can use the BIOS reset button on the front.
Networks, Storage, RAM and Ports
In terms of network connectivity, the Newsmaytech AC6-M micro PC has a Wifi aC + BT 5.0 wireless adapter (RTL 8821CE) and a Gigabit Ethernet port (Intel l225-LM). We passed storage speed tests on the default M.2 SATA 2242 disk installed by default and observed that it behaves normally. We also tested the 8 GB of DDR4 2400 MHz RAM that comes standard in Single Channel configuration.
- USB ports: There are two USB 3.0 Type-A ports.
- Network performance: Good speed with two internal Wifi antennas. / Range 40 dBm, OK. / Bluetooth OK.
- Tutorials micro PC: Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to a SSD / Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks
Processor, performance and thermal
In the new micro PC Newsmaytech AC6-M have installed an Intel Celeron J4125 processor manufactured at 14nm with two cores and four threads that moves between 2.1 and 4.1 GHz and an Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU up to 750 MHz with 23 EU. This chip has a staggered consumption of 10W TDP, the results are correct within this sector, as we see for its price does not compete with more expensive Intel Core or AMD Ryzen processors. A micro PC that works well for browsing, multimedia playback with KODI, office use and even simple editing applications.
- If you want to know some models in this comparative you can read their detailed reviews on this link.
As we can see in the performance tests of the Newsmaytech AC6-M it is quite equal in computing power with other processors of similar range, we can not expect more than a basic Celeron. The installed Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU does not reach the performance of AMD’s Vega and we have to limit ourselves to light games.
As for the thermal aspect the system keeps the temperatures controlled with its fan at fixed RPM, it always has the same rhythm on desktop or in games, it is not annoying. The 14 nm are efficient, but they are already surpassed by Intel’s 10 nm. If we start playing demanding titles we have the temperature peak.
- Power consumption: Off 0.9W / Standby 3W / Basic usage 9W / Max. 18W.
- Thermal: Idle 39ºC / Basic use 45ºC / Maximum 70ºC / CPU 2.7 GHz max / Performance up to 100%.
- Gaming performance: LoL 72ºC / CPU 2.7 GHz on average.
- Noise: 40dBA Max / Fixed RPM / NO Semi-passive.
- Fans: NOT adjustable in BIOS.
We perform our gaming performance test on the Newsmaytech AC6-M and the results are in line with this type of product, the Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU is only suitable for simple games and some somewhat demanding games with very low graphics settings. As for emulators at most we are left with some simple GC titles and the like.
- Setting: High quality / 1080p resolution / No VSync / Play emulators with RetoArch.
* On models with integrated Intel HD GPU on low and 720p resolution.
We can play titles like LoL, but in more demanding games like Fornite with the graphics settings in performance mode it is not playable because it does not reach 30fps in decent quality. In titles with a similar level of demand we will also have to adjust them to low quality or pass 720p resolution. If we are mainly interested in the Gaming section is better to go for a micro PC with a discrete GPU.
VIDEO AND AUDIO TESTS
In terms of video playback capability the micro PC Newsmaytech AC6-M has an integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU which has a VPU with hardware support for HEVC and VP9, do not have support for the new codec AV1. In this processor it has support for 10bit color, but it does not have native HDR support by default and reduces colors to SD level. This micro PC is perfectly valid as a multimedia system to use KODI, IPTV or to use it with PLEX.
- Video outputs: Double output HDMI 1.4K@30fps / Adjust image quality in our TV.
- Audio outputs: HDMI up to 7.1 / Stereo audio jack.
- Tutorials: 4K videos with HEVC, VP9 / Install KODI with add-ons / Auto refresh rate / Multichannel audio on Windows
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK (SW)|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK, SD color|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK, SD color|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||OK, SD color|
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bit rate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter or the limitations with our SAMBA Network.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Dolby||5.1 / Plus = OK || True HD / Atmos = Core|
|DTS||5.1 / MA = OK || HR / X = Core|
- PCM – Stereo only doing downmix from DD or DTS
- Core – Only the core of the format is played back with what we passed to the Dolby / DTS base system
* Our AV receiver does not support these native formats, but we verify that it is played back to 7.1
We test the Newsmaytech AC6-M micro PC with the most popular streaming services we pass some test for Youtube, Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime Video and others with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to see content in FullHD or 4K quality.
- Performance: Has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on Youtube.
- Tutorial: Install Addons in KODI in a simple way / LibreELEC for PC
|Streaming service||Video / Audio|
|Youtube||4K (2160p) / 5.1|
|Netflix||4K (2160p) / 5.1 / Netflix guide for PC|
|HBO||FullHD (1080p) / Estéreo / HBO guide for PC|
|Disney+||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Disney+ guide for PC|
|Amazon Prime Video||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Prime Video guide for PC|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Estéreo|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080i) / Estéreo|
CONCLUSIONS AND BUY LINKS
After testing the Newsmaytech AC6-M micro PC we can say that this is the best micro PC we have tested and that it is valid for multimedia, desktop applications or browsing. This computer integrates an Intel Celeron J4125 Quad Core processor with HDMI 1.4 video output and Gigabit Ethernet port for transferring large files. A device that we can put anywhere on our desktop in a totally discreet way.
The new Newsmaytech AC6-M has a M.2 2242 SATA disk, we can install as extra storage unatarjeta microSD and 8 GB RAM memory integrated on board. With this configuration we can use Windows 10 and other programs quite smoothly. The cooling system works very well and we did not observe any performance losses due to overheating, something quite common in such small formats, a fan that fortunately is very quiet.
As we can see the Newsmaytech AC6-M is a new silent and efficient micro PC despite its size. A sufficient PC for many users if they only want to use it for office tasks, browsing or multimedia and value its small size.
Where to buy