Beelink T4 is a new mini PC of the Beelink brand of which we present today in his review. A tiny computer that uses as core the Intel Atom x5-Z8500 processor, inside its box we have 4GB of RAM, Windows 10 Home and has two video outputs with support for resolutions up to 4K@30fps. An ideal product for desks that require free space, HTPC or professional industrial uses in different areas, let’s see how this device behaves in our usual review.
Table of Contents
The Beelink T4 comes in a black cardboard box with the logo of the brand, inside we found the Mini PC, 2x HDMI cables, Manual, VESA support, fixing screws and a DC 12V 1.5A adapter.
The new Beelink T4 has a extremely compact design and with vents on the sides. On the front we have a status LED on the power button, two USB ports and audio jack, on the back and side we have the rest of the connectors where its double HDMI 1.4 + DP 1.1 video output stands out until 4K@30fps
In the part the motherboard we find the Wifi aC + BT 4.2 (Intel 3165) adapter with two internal antennas and to cool the set we have a large heatsink with integrated micro fan (this model at first should be fanless). Together with the mini PC we have a standard VESA support that perfectly supports the computer case and two HDMI cables.
- Networks: Wifi ac + BT 4.2 (Intel 3165) with two internal antennas / Ethernet Gigabit.
- Expansions: No expandable.
- Extras: VESA support.
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and user experience
We start the Beelink T4 by pressing the front button of the box, as indicated by the specifications we have Windows 10 Home 64bit correctly activated and the list of devices has all its drivers installed by default. The environment moves well thanks to the 4GB of RAM and it is possible to load a good number of navigation tabs, but if we load a large number of them already the limitations of this amount of RAM are noticed. A valid computer for office automation, multimedia and classic editing programs at medium level.
- OS Version installed: Windows 10 Home 64bit v1903.
- Software pre-installed: None.
- Tutorials mini PC: Control the mini PC with your Smartphone / Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to SSD
Networks, Storage, RAM and Ports
As for network adapters in the Beelink T4 mini PC, we have an integrated wireless Wifi aC + BT 4.2 adapter (Intel 3165) integrated and Gigabit Ethernet port. We also tested the 4GB of DDR3 1666MHz RAM that comes standard in Dual Channel configuration. We pass eMMC 5.1 storage speed tests installed by default and observe that it behaves normally. This miniPC cannot be expanded with an extra internal drive.
- USB ports: We have two USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0.
- Network performance: Good speed with two internal Wifi antennas. / Range 40 dBm, OK. / Bluetooth OK.
- Tutorials mini PC: Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to a SSD / Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks
Processor, performance and thermal
Installed in the Beelink T4 mini PC we find an Intel Atom x5-Z8500 processor with four cores and four threads running between 1.1 and 2.24GHz and an Intel HD Graphics Gen8 GPU up to 600 MHz with 12 EU. This chip has a maximum consumption of only 2 W TDP, the results are correct within his family although with this consumption of course it falls short of other more powerful solutions. A mini PC that works correctly for browsing, multimedia playback with KODI and office automation use at the basic user level.
- If you want to know some of the models in this comparative you can read their detailed reviews on this link.
- Power Consumption: Off 1.3W / Standby 8.2W / Basic use 9.5W / Maximum 16W.
- Thermal: Minimum 41ºC / Maximum 73ºC / Maintains performance up to 100% / Superior heating.
- Noise: 21db in the cooling fan / Not annoying but audible.
- Continuous extreme performance: Temperature 75ºC Max. / CPU 2.2 GHz / Without thermal throttling.
- Game performance: PUBG 83ºC / CPU 2.2 GHz average.
- Overclock: Available but we do not recommend touching the BIOS.
We pass several benchmarks with games in the Beelink T4, in this model we have the classic results in the line of this type of products, the Intel HD Graphics Gen8 GPU is perfectly valid for simple games such as those we can find in Android phones downloading them from the Microsoft Store. At the level of emulators at the most we stay in some simple Wii titles. We can also play smoothly 3D light games like LoL or similar, not enough power to play AAA games with demanding 3D.
- GTA V / Overwatch / Fortnite / PUBG Lite: low settings, 720p* resolution and No VSync./ PUBG Lite configuration tutorial.
- LOL / CS:GO: low settings, 1080p resolution and No VSync.
*On models with powerful discrete GPU settings in medium and 1080p resolution
VIDEO AND AUDIO TESTS
In the video playback aspect the Beelink T4 mini PC with the integrated Intel HD Graphics Gen8 have a VPU with hardware support for the basic HEVC codec and as we see it does not support hardware VP9. This processor also does not support 10bit of color or native HDR content by default and reduces colors at the SD level. A valid device to play 1080p content in h.264 that is mostly extended and in which we can use KODI, IPTV or to use it with PLEX.
- Video output: Dual = HDMI 1.4 + DP 1.1 / Max 4K@30fps / Adjust image quality in our TV.
- Audio output: HDMI with Intel HD audio up to 7.1 / Audio jack stereo / Without integrated microphone.
- Tutorials: Playback 4K videos with HEVC and VP9 seamlessly / Install KODI with add-ons / Judder effect (auto refresh rate)
- Configuration tutorial: Basic concepts and configuration for multichannel audio on Windows and Android
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK( SW)|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||Little frameskip (SW)|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK (SW)|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||Frameskip (SW)|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||Little frameskip(SW)|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip(SW)|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||60 Mbps = 7,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bitrate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter or the limitations with our SAMBA Network.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Format||DD / DTS 5.1||DD+ / DTS MA||DD True / DTS HR||DD Atmos / DTS X|
- PCM – Stereo only doing downmix from DD or DTS
- Core – Only the core of the format is played back with what we passed to the Dolby / DTS base system
* Our AV receiver does not support these native formats but we verify that it is played back to 7.1
In the streaming aspect the Beelink T4 mini PC with the most popular streaming services we pass some test for Youtube, Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime Video and others with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to see content in HD or 4K quality
- Performance: Has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on Youtube.
- Tutorial: Add-on for Chrome to force h.264 if we have problems with VP9.
|Streaming service||Video / Audio||Result||Manual|
|Youtube||4K (2060p) / 5.1||OK||–|
|Netflix||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1||OK||Netflix for PC|
|HBO||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||OK||HBO for PC|
|Amazon Prime Video||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||Amazon Prime video for PC|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||OK||–|
CONCLUSIONS AND BUY LINKS
Once reviewed the new mini PC Beelink T4 mini PC we can say that we are facing a tiny computer with enough hardware for a desktop with few needs and light multimedia use. The active fan that incorporates keeps temperatures at bay, is audible but not annoying. It must be said that this model has VESA support which allows us to hide it on any monitor, being so small it goes unnoticed anywhere.
In the Beelink T4 mini PC being so compact does not allow expansion options, the 4GB of RAM allows us to make a basic use and with the 64GB of storage we can have Windows 10, Office and a browser without problems. In general an interesting mini PC for those looking for something compact and economical, a valid option without a doubt for its price and flexibility.
Where to buy
- As an alternative you can compare this product with our recommended models.