Beelink T45 is a new fanless mini PC of the Beelink brand of which we present today in his review. A compact and silent computer that has the Intel Pentium J4205 processor, with 8GB of RAM, Windows 10 Pro and two video outputs with support for resolutions up to 4K@30fps. An ideal product for desktops that require total silence, it is also valid as HTPC or professional uses, let’s see how this device behaves in our usual review.
Table of Contents
The Beelink T45 comes in a blue cardboard box with the logo of the brand, inside we found the Mini PC, 2x HDMI cables, Manual, VESA support, fixing screws and a DC 12V 1.5A adapter.
The new Beelink T45 has a new compact and robust design, it has vents on the sides and at the bottom. In the front part we have a status LED, in the back and side area we have the rest of the connectors where it highlights its double video output with two HDMI 1.4 up to 4K@30fps.
In the part the motherboard we find the Wifi aC + BT 4.2 (Intel 3165) adapter with two internal antennas and to cool the set we have a large heatsink in contact with the processor. Together with the mini PC we have a standard VESA support that perfectly supports the computer case and two HDMI cables.
- Networks: Wifi ac + BT 4.2 (Intel 3165) with two internal antennas / Ethernet Gigabit.
- Expansions: mSATA replaceable disk.
- Extras: VESA support.
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and user experience
We start the Beelink T45 by pressing the front button of the box, as indicated by the specifications we have Windows 10 Pro 64bit correctly activated and the device list has all its drivers installed by default. The environment moves smoothly thanks to the 8GB of RAM and it is possible to load a good number of navigation tabs in our browser. A valid computer for office automation, multimedia and classic editing programs at medium level.
- OS Version installed: Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1903.
- Software pre-installed: None.
- Tutorials mini PC: Control the mini PC with your Smartphone / Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to SSD
Networks, Storage, RAM and Ports
As for network adapters in the Beelink T45 mini PC, we have an integrated wireless Wifi aC + BT 4.2 adapter (Intel 3165) integrated and Gigabit Ethernet port. We also tested the 8GB de RAM DDR4 2133MHz that comes standard in Dual Channel configuration. We pass mSATA storage speed tests installed by default and observe that it behaves normally. This miniPC can NOT be expanded with an extra internal drive, we can replace the mSATA disk though.
- USB ports: We have four USB 3.0.
- Network performance: Good speed with two internal Wifi antennas. / Range 40 dBm, OK. / Bluetooth OK.
- Tutorials mini PC: Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to a SSD / Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks
Processor, performance and thermal
Installed in the Beelink T45 mini PC we find an Intel Pentium J4205 with four cores, four threads running between 1.5 and 2.6 GHz and an Intel HD Graphics GPU 505 up to 800 MHz with 18 EU. A chip manufactured in 14nm has a maximum consumption of 10 W TDP. The results as we see are below several rivals since the speed is limited to 1.5GHz and the turbo never go up to keeps the fanless temperatures low. A mini PC that works correctly for browsing, multimedia playback with KODI and office automation use at the basic user level.
- If you want to know some of the models in this comparative you can read their detailed reviews on this link.
- Power Consumption: Off 0.5W / Standby 4.8W / Basic use 9.2W / Maximum 14W.
- Thermal: Minimum 41ºC / Maximum 53ºC / Maintains performance up to 100% / Superior heating.
- Noise: 0db in the fanless cooling / No electrical noises.
- Continuous extreme performance: Temperature 75ºC Max. / CPU 2.2 GHz / Without thermal throttling.
- Game performance: PUBG 54ºC / CPU 1.5 GHz average.
- Overclock: NO available / We do not recommend touching the BIOS.
We pass several benchmarks with games in the Beelink T45, in this model we have low results due to the 1.5GHz CPU limitation, the Intel HD Graphics 505 GPU is perfectly valid for simple games such as those we can find in Android phones downloading them from the Microsoft Store. At the level of emulators at the most we stay in some simple Wii titles. We can also play smoothly 3D light games like LoL or similar, not enough power to play AAA games with demanding 3D.
- GTA V / Overwatch / Fortnite / PUBG Lite: low settings, 720p* resolution and No VSync./ PUBG Lite configuration tutorial.
- LOL / CS:GO: low settings, 1080p resolution and No VSync.
*On models with powerful discrete GPU settings in medium and 1080p resolution
VIDEO AND AUDIO TESTS
In the video playback aspect the Beelink T45 mini PC with the integrated Intel HD Graphics 505 GPU that features a VPU with hardware support for the HEVC codec and VP9 P1 hardware. In this processor it has support for video files with 10bit of color but not for native HDR content that by default reduces the colors at the SD level. A valid device to play 4K@30fps content with modern codecs and in which we can use KODI, IPTV or to use it with PLEX.
- Video output: Dual HDMI 1.4 / Max 4K@30fps / Adjust image quality in our TV.
- Audio output: HDMI with Intel HD audio up to 7.1 / Audio jack stereo / Without integrated microphone.
- Tutorials: Playback 4K videos with HEVC and VP9 seamlessly / Install KODI with add-ons / Judder effect (auto refresh rate)
- Configuration tutorial: Basic concepts and configuration for multichannel audio on Windows and Android
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||Little frameskip (SW)|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||60 Mbps = 7,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bitrate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter or the limitations with our SAMBA Network.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Format||DD / DTS 5.1||DD+ / DTS MA||DD True / DTS HR||DD Atmos / DTS X|
- PCM – Stereo only doing downmix from DD or DTS
- Core – Only the core of the format is played back with what we passed to the Dolby / DTS base system
* Our AV receiver does not support these native formats but we verify that it is played back to 7.1
In the streaming aspect the Beelink T45 mini PC with the most popular streaming services we pass some test for Youtube, Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime Video and others with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to see content in HD or 4K quality
- Performance: Has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on Youtube.
- Tutorial: Add-on for Chrome to force h.264 if we have problems with VP9.
|Streaming service||Video / Audio||Result||Manual|
|Youtube||4K (2060p) / 5.1||OK||–|
|Netflix||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1||OK||Netflix for PC|
|HBO||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||OK||HBO for PC|
|Amazon Prime Video||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||Amazon Prime video for PC|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||OK||–|
CONCLUSIONS AND BUY LINKS
Once analyzed the Beelink T45 we can say that we are facing an interesting compact and fanless computer. This small computer that can be valid for desktop use, internet browse with a lot of tabs or run design applications at a good level in total silence and with minimal power consumption. This model has 8GB of RAM soldered on board that make Windows 10 move smoothly and has an mSATA disk that allows its replacement if necessary.
The Beelink T45 mini passive PC keeps the temperatures low by limiting the processor speed to 1.5GHz, something that prevents us from playing heavy games but is sufficient for any other desktop use. At the level of network use the Wifi aC adapter behaves normally, we have Gigabit Ethernet adapter, the system BIOS is quite complete and is compatible with other OS. We also have several USB ports and dual HDMI output to connect two monitors.
The Beelink T45 model as we can see is an interesting fanless computer, a good mini PC model for desktop use or multimedia playback in total silence.
Where to buy
- As an alternative you can compare this product with our recommended models.