Today we want to explain in a simple way how to connect our PS4 Dualshock Gamepad on Android to play with the compatible games using this Gamepad. Little by little we have more titles available on Android compatible with Gamepad and this offers us a better gaming experience in many cases. With this manual we will see how to connect in a few seconds this popular control with our Android TV-Box, Smartphone or tablet.
Table of Contents
CONNECTION AND COMPATIBILITY OPTIONS IN ANDROID
We have two connection options for the PS4 controller on the one hand the option to use the Bluetooth wireless protocol and on the other use a USB OTG cable to physically connect it to our device.
- Bluetooth: allows us to connect without wires and we can leave the mobile supported anywhere.
- OTG cable: it offers us a more stable and faster connection than Bluetooth.
- Keep in mind that NOT all Android games support Gamepads as a control system.
CONNECT PS4 CONTROL IN ANDROID BY BLUETOOTH
- In our Android device whether TV-Box, mobile or tablet we go to the Bluetooth or Accessories section.
- We activate the Device Search mode or verify that you are already searching for Bluetooth devices.
- Press the PS and SHARE buttons at the same time for about 5 seconds.
- The Gamepad will start to flash rapidly in white (two short flashes).
- In our Android device should appear Wireless Controller which is the PS4 controller.
- Click on it and Pair to connect it. Then we can change the name or unpair.
- We can already use it as a game control or Android system.
CONNECT PS4 GAMEPAD IN ANDROID WITH USB OTG
To connect via USB OTG cable we do not have to make any special configuration, just connect the cables, but several points have to be taken into account for the system to work properly.
- The device must have a USB OTG port, not all devices have this system.
- USB Type-C ports may not be compatible.
- In Amazon or Aliexpress.com we have multiple USB OTG cables both microUSB and USB Type-C for about $6 (€5).
PS4 GAMEPAD SUPPORT FOR SMARTPHONE
If we are going to use our PS4 controller in long sessions with our mobile phone, the most comfortable thing is to get a smartphone holder and thus have it all in one set. The system is quite practical and a USB OTG cable is included.
OTHER MEDIA TUTORIALS
- EmuELEC turns your Android TV-Box into a retro console
- LibreELEC a quick installation guide for the TV-Boxes with Android
- Change the size of the captions and the mouse pointer on Android
- Guide to install Netflix app on non-compatible devices