Beelink MINI S is a new small computer of the Beelink brand that today we present its analysis or review, a computer that allows us to use desktop and multimedia with minimal power consumption.
In this computer we have the Intel Celeron N5095 processor manufactured in 10 nm, with significant improvements in efficiency over the previous generation of 14 nm. Inside this small box we find a SODIMM with 8 GB of DDR4 RAM, a 128/256 GB M.2 SATA drive and multiple connection ports with dual video output and VESA support. The operating system installed is Windows 11 but we can also install Linux in one of its distributions.
Let’s see how this device performs in our review and how it fights against its rivals.
Table of Contents
Unboxing Beelink MINI S
The new mini PC Beelink MINI S comes in a fairly simple but well protected cardboard box. Inside we find the small protected computer with its contents, manual, 2x HDMI cable, VESA bracket and charger 12V 3A (36 W).
The small Beelink MINI S has a classic design inspired by the Intel NUC very much, in line with the Beelink products. On the front we have a status LED integrating the power button, internal BIOS reset button, audio jack in / out and two USB 3.0 Type-A ports. On the rear we find two USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 2x HDMI 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet, Kengsinton lock and for power supply we have a round DC port.
Inside this PC we find the M.2 2230 Wifi ac + BT 4.2 adapter (Intel AC 3165) with two internal antennas, we also have installed a 256GB M.2 2280 SATA disk and for RAM we have two SODIMM DDR4 slots up to 2666 MHz.
- RAM: 8/16 GB DDR4 2666MHz max / 1x SODIMM.
- Storage: 128/256 GB 1x M.2 2280 SATA / 1x SATA 3 2.5″.
- Network: Wifi ac + BT 4.2 (M.2 2230 Intel AC 3165) / 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek)
System and performance
Environment and user experience
We boot the small Beelink MINI S pressing the front power button, as the specifications indicate we have Windows 11 Pro 64bit that is activated when connected to the internet, we have drivers installed correctly and we can work without problems. The system moves smoothly in a basic desktop use, it is possible to load a good number of tabs navigation without slowdowns. A PC totally valid for a office work, multimedia and that we can easily expand thanks to its configuration.
- OS Version installed: Windows 11 Pro 64bit installed .
- Software pre-installed: None.
- Tutorials: Control the micro PC with your Smartphone / Install Windows 11 / Migrate Windows to SSD
Networks, Storage, RAM and Ports
In the PC connectivity section Beelink MINI S PC has a Wifi aC + BT 5.0 wireless adapter (Intel AC 3165) and a Gigabit Ethernet port (Realtek). The results in speed are quite good and we have a correct range.
- Network performance: Two internal Wifi antennas / Range 39 dBm / Link 5G 780 Mbps / Bluetooth OK.
We tested the storage speed of the M.2 SATA disk installed by default and observed that it behaves normally. For the performance tests we have one SODIMM with 8 GB of RAM DDR4 2666 MHz with Single Channel configuration.
- USB ports: 4x USB 3.0
- Micro PC tutorials: Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to a SSD / Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks
Processor, performance and thermal
As we can see in the specifications, the Beelink MINI S integrates the Intel Celeron N5095 processor manufactured in 10 nm with four cores and four threads that moves between 2 and 2.9 GHz and in the graphics section we have an Intel UHD Graphics GPU up to 750 MHz. This chip has a stepped power consumption of only 15 W TDP and the performance results outperform its previous generation, the GPU performance is limited for light multimedia and gaming use. This computer works well for browsing the net, multimedia playback with KODI, office use, good editing applications and basic 3D games with low charge.
- If you want to know some models in this comparative you can read their detailed reviews on this link.
We spent several performance tests with the Beelink MINI S, the performance is in line with these Celeron processors manufactured in 10 nm, it is not a revolution but a positive step. The GPU installed Intel UHD Graphics as we can see is limited, although it is a significant improvement over the previous 14nm version.
This small PC offers good thermal performance, the system keeps the temperatures controlled with its variable RPM fan and emits very little noise, at rest it is almost inaudible and in games it is audible but does not raise much more noise. This processor with its 10 nm is efficient and should not worry us in this aspect.
- Power consumption: Off 0.9W / Idle 8W / Basic use 11W / Maximum 23W.
- Thermal: Idle 40ºC / Basic use 42ºC / Maximum 68ºC / CPU 2.1 GHz max / Performance up to 100%.
- Gaming performance: LoL 69ºC / CPU 2.4 GHz on average.
- Noise: 36 dBA Max / Variable RPM / NO Semi-passive.
We passed our gaming performance test on the Beelink MINI S, the results are in line with this type of GPU integrated into the Ryzen, the Intel UHD Graphics GPU is suitable for games in 1080p or 720p quality depending on the 3D load, it is not suitable for heavy AAA games with a lot of 3D element. As for emulators at most we are left with some simple Wii titles and the like, we can’t handle demanding 3D emulators.
- Setting: High quality / 1080p resolution / No VSync / Play emulators with RetoArch.
* On models with integrated Intel HD GPU on low and 720p resolution.
It is possible to play titles like LoL with an acceptable frame rate, in more demanding games like Fornite with the graphics settings in performance mode is not very playable, as for Diablo immortal we stay at 20/27fps. If we are mainly interested in the Gaming section it is better to go for a PC with a dedicated GPU and we will have a much smoother experience.
Video and audio tests
In terms of video playback, the PC Beelink MINI S has an integrated Intel UHD Graphics GPU which features a VPU with hardware support for HEVC and VP9 codecs and we do not have support for the modern AV1 video codec. In this processor has support for 10bit color and native HDR support by default. This PC is perfectly valid as a multimedia system to use KODI, IPTV or to use it with PLEX.
- Video outputs: 2x HDMI 2.0 / HDR / Adjust image quality in our TV.
- Audio outputs: HDMI up to 7.1 / Stereo audio jack.
- Tutorials: 4K videos with HEVC, VP9 / Install KODI with add-ons / Auto refresh rate / Multichannel audio on Windows
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK (SW)|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bit rate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter or the limitations with our SAMBA Network.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Native||Dolby 5.1 – Plus / DTS 5.1 – Master Audio|
|Core||Dolby HD – Atmos / DTS HR – X|
- Native – Supports the format directly in our AV receiver or similar / More info.
- Core – Only the 5.1 core of the format is played so we go to the Dolby or DTS base system / More info.
- PCM – Only stereo downmixing from DD or DTS.
We test the Beelink MINI S micro PC with the most popular streaming services we pass some test for Youtube, Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video and others with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to see content in FullHD or 4K quality.
- Performance: Has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on Youtube.
- Tutorial: Install Addons in KODI in a simple way / LibreELEC for PC
|Streaming service||Video / Audio|
|Youtube||4K (2160p) / 5.1|
|Netflix||4K (2160p) / 5.1 / Netflix guide for PC|
|HBO Max||FullHD (1080p) / Estéreo / HBO Max guide for PC|
|Disney+||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Disney+ guide for PC|
|Prime Video||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Prime Video guide for PC|
|Apple TV+||4K (2060p) / 5.1 / Apple TV+ Guide|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080i) / Stereo|
Conclusions and purchase links
Once we have tested the new Beelink MINI S we can say that we have a classic mini PC where thanks to the Intel Celeron N5059 manufactured in 10 nm we will have a pretty good performance for its consumption. This compact computer offers power for desktop use, we also have two HDMI 2.0 video outputs up to 4K@60fps and Gigabit Ethernet port for transferring large files over the network. We can place its small box anywhere on our desktop in a totally discreet way or hang it from its VESA bracket behind a monitor.
The small Beelink MINI S has for storage a M.2 2280 SATA disk, we can also mount a SATA 3 2.5″ disk and for memory we have a SODIMM slot that allows us to expand up to 16 GB RAM. With this configuration we can use Windows 11 properly to browse or consume multimedia content. The cooling system works smoothly and we found no performance losses by heating, the internal fan type is quiet in normal use, during games is heard something but does not bother.
As we can see the Beelink MINI S is a new discreet and quiet mini PC. This small computer is sufficient for browsing, consuming multimedia or using light office applications.