Beelink SER5 5600H is the new compact mini PC from Beelink that we present today in its analysis or review. A small computer of very small size with a processor of last generation.
Inside this computer we have the AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor that has as a graphic solution a Vega 7 GPU. We can get it with 16/32 GB DDR4 RAM configuration, 500 GB NVMe M.2 drive and a space for a 2.5″ hard drive. This computer offers us the connection of three monitors at the same time to control multiple applications or to use it as digital signage. This mini PC has the Windows 11 Pro operating system and offers us a hardware set with which we have enough power to run any design app or others with high performance.
We will perform our battery of tests to see how this device behaves in our detailed review.
Table of Contents
Beelink SER5 5600H details
This new computer Beelink SER5 5600H comes in a basic but well protected cardboard box. Inside we find the small protected computer with its contents, manual, 2x HDMI cable, VESA bracket and 19V 3A charger (57 W).
The Beelink SER5 5600H is presented with a metal case, has vents around its perimeter in addition to the perforated top area. An improvement of the box compared to the previous range that is appreciated to have low thermal.
On the front we have a power button, reset BIOS button, audio jack in / out, USB-C data and video (NOT power) and a USB 3.0 Type-A port. In the rear area we find two USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 2 HDMI 2.0, a Gigabit Ethernet and for power supply we have an additional round DC port (do not use the USB-C).
Installed on this PC we find the Wifi 6E + Bluetooth 5.0 (AMD RZ608) adapter with two internal antennas and two Gigabit Ethernet ports (Realtek). We also have installed a SSD M.2 500GB 2280 NVMe Intel SSD and for RAM we have two slots SODIMM DDR4 3200 MHz Crucial. We also have a housing for a 2.5″ SATA storage drive in the lower top cover.
- RAM: 16/32 GB DDR4 Crucial 3200MHz max / 2x SODIMM.
- Storage: 500 GB 1x M.2 2280 NVMe Intel / 1x M.2 2280 SATA / 1x SATA 3 2.5″.
- Network: Wifi 6E + BT 5.0 (AMD RZ608) / 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek).
System and performance
Environment and user experience
Starting up the mini PC Beelink SER5 5600H using the front power button and the small blue front LED lights up. We have Windows 11 Pro activated, with its drivers installed correctly ready to work and we only have to run Windows Update to keep it up to date. This mini PC as we found moves fast and boots up in a few seconds thanks to its NVMe drive. It is possible to load a large number of browsing tabs without slowing down performance. A valid computer for office, multimedia and to work with design apps at a high level.
- OS Version installed: Windows 11 Pro 64bit / Linux optional.
- Software pre-installed: None.
- Tutorials: Control the micro PC with your Smartphone / Install Windows 11 / Migrate Windows to SSD
Networks, Storage, RAM and Ports
This computer terms of network connectivity, the Beelink SER5 5600H PC has a Wifi 6E + BT 5.0 wireless adapter (AMD RZ608) and one Ethernet Gigabit port (Realtek). The speed results are quite good and we have a correct range.
- Network performance: Two internal Wifi antennas / Range 40 dBm / Link 5G 780 Mbps / Bluetooth OK.
We tested the storage speed of the installed Intel M.2 500GB NVMe disk and observed that it behaves normally according to the specifications. For the performance tests we have 32 GB of DDR4 3200 MHz Crucial RAM with Dual Channel configuration.
- USB ports: USB 3.2 Type-C (data + video, NOT power) / 3x USB 3.0 / 1x USB 2.0.
- PC Tutorials: Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to a SSD / Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks
Processor, performance and thermal
This small computer Beelink SER5 5600H has the powerful AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor manufactured in . A chip with six Zen 2 cores and twelve threads that moves between 3.3 and 4.2GHz, in the graphics section has a Vega 7 GPU up to 1800 MHz. This chip has a staggered consumption of 35/54 W TDP and the results are good although the GPU performance limited by the consumption being a low power processor. This mini PC works perfectly for heavy editing applications such as Photoshop, multimedia playback with KODI or IPTV up to 4K, office use and somewhat demanding 3D games.
- Performance modes: BIOS > Advance > AMB CBS > NBIO > GFX config = Specified/Auto/Game
In the performance tests of the new Beelink SER5 5600H the results are quite good in computing power compared to other chips of similar range and we can use demanding programs quite smoothly. The installed Vega 7 GPU, as we can see, is more limited even if we increase the power consumption limit in the BIOS and in Windows (power plan > high performance).
This smalll PC as we found gives us a good thermal performance system temperatures are kept under control with its variable RPM fan and emits very little noise, at rest is almost inaudible and in games is audible but not outrageous. This APU with its 7 nm is efficient and has a fairly low power consumption.
- Power consumption: Off 0.9W / Idle 8W / Basic use 24W / Maximum 41W.
- Thermal: Idle 40ºC / Basic use 46ºC / Maximum 72ºC / CPU 3.6 GHz max / Performance up to 100%.
- Gaming performance: LoL 69ºC / CPU 3.2 GHz on average.
- Noise: 46dBA Max / Variable RPM / NO Semi-passive.
- Fans: YES can be adjusted in BIOS.
We perform several performance tests while running games on the Beelink SER5 5600H, the results are in line with this type of GPU integrated into the Ryzen, the Vega 7 GPU is suitable for games in 1080p quality if they are not very demanding as the system falls somewhat short in games with high 3D load. As for emulators at most we are left with some simple Wii and similar titles.
- Setting: High quality / 1080p resolution / No VSync / Play emulators with RetoArch.
* On models with integrated Intel HD GPU on low and 720p resolution.
We can play games like LoL, in more demanding games like Fornite with the graphics settings in performance mode is playable because it reaches 85 fps in low quality and in DX11 mode we can reach 50 fps. If we are mainly interested in the Gaming section is better to go for a PC with a dedicated GPU where we will have a much smoother experience.
- BIOS setting to improve performance:
– Advance > AMB CBS > NBIO > GFX config = Game
Video and audio tests
In the video playback section of the mini PC Beelink SER5 5600H has an integrated Vega 7 GPU which features a VPU with hardware support for HEVC and VP9 codecs and we do not have support for the modern AV1 video codec. In this processor has support for 10bit color and native HDR support by default. This PC is perfectly valid as a multimedia system to use KODI, IPTV or to use it with PLEX app.
- Video outputs: 2x HDMI 2.0 + USB Type-C / HDR10 / Adjust image quality in our monitor.
- Audio outputs: HDMI up to 7.1 / Stereo audio jack.
- Tutorials: 4K videos with HEVC, VP9 / Install KODI with add-ons / Auto refresh rate / Multichannel audio on Windows
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK (SW)|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bit rate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter with our SAMBA Network.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Native||Dolby 5.1 – Plus / DTS 5.1 – Master Audio|
|Core||Dolby HD – Atmos / DTS HR – X|
- Native – Supports the format directly in our AV receiver or similar / More info.
- Core – Only the 5.1 core of the format is played so we go to the Dolby or DTS base system / More info.
- PCM – Only stereo downmixing from DD or DTS.
We passed several tests with the Beelink SER5 5600H micro PC with the most popular streaming services we pass some test for Youtube, Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video and others with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to see content in FullHD or 4K quality.
- Performance: Has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on Youtube.
- Tutorial: Install Addons in KODI in a simple way / LibreELEC for PC
|Streaming service||Video / Audio|
|Youtube||4K (2160p) / 5.1|
|Netflix||4K (2160p) / 5.1 / Netflix guide for PC|
|HBO MAX||FullHD (1080p) / Estéreo / HBO MAX guide for PC|
|Disney+||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Disney+ guide for PC|
|Prime Video||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Prime Video guide for PC|
|Apple TV+||4K (2060p) / 5.1 / Apple TV+ Guide|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080i) / Stereo|
Conclusions and buy links for Beelink SER5 5600H
Once we have tested the mini PC Beelink SER5 5600H we can assure that we are facing a powerful and highly efficient mini PC. This computer offers us with the current AMD Ryzen 5 5600H processor offers us a Vega 7 GPU that copes quite well with games, it also offers us three 4K video outputs and Gigabit Ethernet port. This small computer can be hung on its VESA bracket or hidden anywhere on our desk without disturbing.
The new Beelink SER5 5600H offers a great computing power that makes it suitable even for any heavy task with demanding apps. Inside we have a Kingston M.2 2280 NVMe 500GB SSD, it is possible to mount a SATA 3 2.5″ disk and two SODIMM slots that allow easy expansion.
This computer stands out for its Wifi 6E adapter with good performance. We also have a cooling system that works well with a fan that we will only hear running heavy games or launching demanding calculations, but that is not annoying in the day to day.
As we have seen the Beelink SER5 5600H is a new efficient and compact mini PC. This computer is more than enough for professional use in many applications and allows you to run demanding games to some extent.