In this tutorial we want to explain how to install the Disney+ app on any Android TV-Box, Tablet, or Smartphone without depending on Google Play, just follow these easy steps.
This app is not available in the official app store of some devices and the message “Your device is not compatible with this version” is displayed. This problem is not exclusive to models not certified by Disney + since even on top brand phones or tablets they seem to have this limitation. As we have verified, we continue with the same limitations with the sound that we hope will be solved soon, reporting this issue to Disney with messages.
DISNEY+ NOT COMPATIBLE MESSAGE
By default, the Disney+ app in Google Play shows in not compatible with any unofficial TV-Box, mobile or tablet, since it is NOT certified hardware, we cannot install this app directly. If we perform a normal search for this app in Google Play on a TV-Box, the application does not appear in the results and only apps that have an indirect relationship are shown to us.
HOW TO FIX DISNEY+ NOT COMPATIBLE PROBLEM
Fortunately, the limitation that prevents installing Disney+ from Google Play is not critical because we can manually install the this app in a very simple way by following the steps we describe in the following manual.
- We are going to need a mouse or fly mouse to control this app with no problem
- DOWNLOAD Disney+ APK last version for Android 5.0+, can playback HD quality
- Install instructions and tips:
– Install this APK using any installed file explorer or using Solid Explorer or X-Plorer
– Only the official compatible TV-Boxes are compatible with 4K HDR
- AUDIO WARNING
Solution 1 (SD video):
– We enter our Profile> App settings> Wi-Fi data use> Save data (stereo sound and HD video)
Solution 2 (HD video):
– The audio is only heard if we download the content to the device, since it is downloaded in stereo sound and HD video.
Why don’t have audio directly?
– The sound in most of the titles only have sound if we have the TV-Box connected to an AV receiver to decode Dolby Digital Plus, otherwise we will not have audio. See our Android multi-channel sound guide
- Once installed we can use it with normality, we can Adjust the captions with this guide
- The application will not be updated from Google Play since it will be marked as not compatible with our device
HOW TO PREVENT DISNEY + FROM UPDATING
It is possible that the Disney+ app of problems in some more advanced version in our TV-Box and installs a new incompatible version. To block this you have to go to Google Play, open the menu of this application (three lines in the search bar) go to the the app and at the top where the 3 dots appear we deactivate “Update automatically”
- NOTE: If we cannot find the app on Google Play, it is not necessary to carry out this step.
OTHER RELATED ARTICLES
- Guide to Netflix 4K in Android
- Guide to install Netflix app on non-compatible devices
- Guide to Netflix in PC Windows or Linux
- Guide to Amazon Prime Video in HD
- Guide to HBO in HD
Got a Dolamee D5 Android Box Android Version: 6.0.
Not working on my Abox. (Disney+ error code 39) when trying to play a video.
Hi, I did it but it doesn’t work the same. I have an android TV box MINI M8S with Android 5.1. Disney plus is installed, I can see it in my apps, I can also open it but when I try to open any movie this error appears: “error 83, contact the Disney+ assistance”. Any suggestion please?
Hi. You can only try another old Disney app or other firmware, it may or may not work.
I’ve tryed with all versions, from the oldest (1.2.0) to the actual (1.7.0): no one works…
Then your box is complatible with the app.
Try with the website in chrome, use it in desktop mode.
Excuse me Kim: “complatible”?? I think it’s a mistake, an error, I guess you would say “incompatible”, or not?
As soon as possible I will use the website (also if I just did, but I don’t remember what happened, maybe other incompatibility…). I’ll let you know, bye
Incompatible, typo sorry 😀
Try different browsers
Any browser works correctly: no Chrome, no Firefox, no IE, no Edge….
I tryed with ALL versions of the app
I want to disable the update but it’s not showing as an option when I click on the 3 dots at the top right of the screen. The drop down menu only shows “Share” and “Flag as inappropriate”.
In what device?
I’m using a TX6 plus android box (new). The Disney app was working fine for about a month but is now saying I need to update and the device is not compatible. I uninstalled the app and then re-installed following the directions on this page. Still showing that I need to update.
v152 is the last version… also you should not see it in google play because it is not officially compatible.
That’s very weird, if you see this message but works… ignore it.
You can try to delete this version, go to Google Play and install if you can see it in the store.
I agree that it’s weird. It doesn’t show in Google play store when I search for it but when I open the app on my TX6 it says an update is requires. When I click on update it opens play store and shows the app but says it’s not compatible. I’m out of ideas…
Me too… test it with other firmware. Use our search.
Instead of using the app, go to chrome and go to disney plus and login in as normal and everything works the same. Just remember to set the website to desktop version. The app is only a shell for the website anyway. Works perfect the Beelink GT King.
Thanks for the tip.
I will test, sometimes the UI and subtitles have some issues in web version.