Table of Contents
The B2GO GT6 comes in a standard box with logo on the top, inside we found the TV-Box, the IR remote control, HDMI cable 4K@60fps compatible, Manual and a classic DC 5V 2A adapter.
The box of the B2GO GT6 is made of plastic and has a square box, this model have a front LED in blue indicating the power-on. On the sides and in the back area we have all the connectors in a classic configuration, the IR remote is very basic with mouse emulation with the circle keys. Inside the AV jack we have the update button in case it is necessary to update the firmware. On the motherboard we can see the Wifi b/g/n chip and a single internal wifi antenna.
- Remote Control: Basic IR control / No microphone / No Flymouse / We can choose other alternatives.
- Alternate control: We can control remotely using the app Cetusplay / It also brings the Cast play app similar to Cetus.
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and Android system
We connect the B2GO GT6 to the DC adapter and boots the default launcher based on squares, we can customize the right area by adding shortcut icons to the apps we want. In the installed apps, we have AirScreen, EasyClean, Modbro, Netflix, Skype and others. The performance of Android 8.1 is fine at desktop level or with basic apps and works well without forced closures.
- Launcher: We can change launcher but only Pixel launcher works 100% / Android UI rendering at 1080p.
- Multitasking and access: Multitasking only available from lower bar / Lower bar and upper works.
- Languages and Google Play: All the international Android classics / Google Play installed.
- On/Off Controls: If we keep press the power button we have reset and power off option / Configurable in settings.
- System version and root: Android 8.1 (32 bit) / The system IS root by default / YES, menu to deactivate it in settings.
- Support: B2GO have website for direct support.
Network, storage, RAM and ports
The B2GO GT6 TV-Box has eMMC memory as internal storage, has a USB 3.0 port and SD card reader. In the network section you have a Wifi b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0 (AP6212) and 10/100 Ethernet port connector.
- Storage: Total 16GB – Free 10GB / NTFS + exFAT compatible / Expandable with a USB memory stick.
- RAM: Total 2GB – Free 1GB / DDR3.
- Network: Basic speed with one external wifi antenna / Range 46dBm, basic. / Bluetooth OK.
- We recommend reading our Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks if we are going to use files from our network PC.
|USB 2.0||USB 3.0||microSD||SATA|
|Read / Write||22/17 MB/s||–||18/19 MB/s||–|
Power and performance
At the power level the B2GO GT6 has with the Amlogic S905W Quad Core SoC with ARM Cortex-A53 processors and in the graphic section a Mali-450 MP5 GPU that is in the low range. This SoC is manufactured in 28nm, has a fairly controlled power consumption and temperatures are low if we demand performance in powerful games or apps.
- Check our Amlogic S905W SoC Comparison against all SoCs in the sector for more details.
- Consumption: Off 0.5W / Standby 2W / Basic use 3W / Maximum 3.5W
- Thermals: Minimum 40ºC / Maximum 70ºC / Maintains performance up to 91% / Heat zone on the top / Noise 0db
- Games and emulators: IS possible to play titles such as PUBG with low settings / Emulators up to Wii / NO Vulkan support.
- Controls: Compatible with Gamepads by cable or bluetooth.
VIDEO AND AUDIO TEST
Video playback test
The B2GO GT6 TV-Box features the Amlogic S905W SoC and a VPU compatible with most modern video formats such as h.265 and VP9 with 4K HDR native resolution support but is limited to 4K@30fps. We can use players like KODI or PLEX without the slightest problem, the system comes by default with a version of KODI full of addons that we recommend uninstalling. At the audio level we can play DD and DTS sound up to 5.1 through the HDMI port.
- Video Settings: NO image quality settings / RGB and SDR / HDMI-CEC available / Automatic refresh rate with root + AFRd.
- Audio Settings: HDMI or SPDIF up to 5.1 audio / Stereo Jack.
- Media sharing: Chromecast NO / Miracast NO / DLNA with BlubblePnP / Airplay with Airscreen.
- LibreELEC: This model can be compatible with LibreELEC.
- Tutorials: Install add-on in KODI / Judder effect, how to fix it / Multi-channel audio guide / Correct dark video playback in Android.
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||Frameskip|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||Frameskip|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||Frameskip|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s.|
- The maximum bitrate depends on the port used to connect or the limitations of SAMBA Networks.
Audio test results
|Formats||DD / DTS 5.1||DD+ / DTS MA||DD True / DTS HR||DD Atmos / DTS X|
- PCM – Stereo only doing downmix from DD or DTS
- Core – Only the core of the format is played back with what we passed to the Dolby / DTS base system
* Our AV receiver does not support these native formats but we verify that it is played back to 7.1
In our usual tests with streaming services we see how the most popular services work. The B2GO GT6 presents the classic configuration without certificates that limits us in quality in several streaming services, luckily it seems that if it is compatible with most services even if they are in their most basic SD quality
- DRM: Google Widevine L3
- Certification: No
- Tutorial: Change the size of the captions and the mouse pointer on Android / Install Addons in KODI in a simple way
|Streaming service||Video / Audio||Result||Manual|
|Youtube||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|Google Play Movies||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|Netflix||SD+ (540p) / Stereo||OK, installing the apk and needs a mouse||Netflix on Android|
|HBO||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||OK, needs a mouse||–|
|Amazon Prime Video||SD (480p) / Stereo||OK, needs a mouse||Amazon Prime video on Android|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo||OK||–|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080p) / Stereo||OK||–|
After analyzing the B2GO GT6 we can say that we are facing a classic basic TV-Box with Amlogic S905W SoC, a device with enough hardware for normal multimedia use with players such as KODI up to 1080p or for IPTV. The Android 8.1 installed system behaves normally, it moves smoothly for the basic apps, we do not have forced closures or bad behaviours in the OS.
At WiFi connectivity, the B2GO GT6 is basic since it uses a simple Wifi b/g/n adapter without Bluetooth, in terms of power we can play basic games in low settings and the temperature is kept quite controlled. The included remote control is very simple and only for basic apps that do not require many keystrokes such as KODI or other media players.
In short, the B2GO GT6 is a correct TV-Box for a basic with 1080p or 4K@30fps media except for the root selector in the system settings and other little extras don’t have more to comment.
WHERE TO BUY AND ADD-ONS