Beelink GKmini is a compact mini PC of the Beelink brand that today we present its analysis or review, a computer that allows us to use desktop and multimedia for day to day.
This small mini PC integrates the Intel Celeron J4125 processor with an Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU, an 8 GB DDR4 RAM module, M.2 SATA disk drive installed and the possibility of expanding it with another internal 2.5″ SATA disk. The operating system installed is Windows 10 Pro and with the hardware included we can use it for office, multimedia, browsing or using desktop apps. Let’s see how this device performs in our review and how it compares to the competition.
The new Beelink GKmini comes in a cardboard box with the classic Beelink brand design. Inside we find the main computer, HDMI cables (long and short), 12V 2A (24 W) charger and VESA snap-in bracket.
This small mini PC Beelink GKmini offers a neat design, we have the Beelink logo in the upper area with a glossy finish. On the front we have a status LED on the power button, audio jack, BIOS reset button inside a hole and two USB 3.1 ports for data only. On the back we have two HDMI 1.4 connectors that allows dual video output, Gigabit Ethernet and in the lower area we have standard VESA support for hanging.
Inside this mini PC we find the Wifi ac + BT 4.2 (Intel 3165) adapter with two internal antennas. When we open it we find the M.2 2280 SATA disk mounted, next to it we have a SODIMM slot up to 2400 MHz and in the external casing the connector for the SATA 3 disk to accommodate a 2.5″ disk that fits in the lower plastic case.
- Networking: Wifi ac + BT 4.2 (Intel 3165) / 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek RTL8168/8111).
- Expansions: 1x M.2 SATA / 1x SATA 2.5″ / 1x 8GB SODIMM DDR4 2400MHz / 8GB max.
- Extras: VESA support.
In the lower internal area we have a blower type fan that make the air pass a copper radiator that serves as a cooling system. As we will see a sufficient system to keep temperatures at bay in all scenarios, the fan has a low noise level, but is not semi-passive.
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and user experience
We start the Beelink GKmini mini PC by pressing the front power button and as the specifications indicate we have Windows 10 Pro 64bit activated and with its drivers installed correctly. The system moves ok thanks to the 8 GB of RAM and it is possible to load a good number of browsing tabs without loss of performance. A perfectly valid computer for office, multimedia and that we can easily expand.
- OS Version installed: Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
- Software pre-installed: None.
- Tutorials mini PC: Control the mini PC with your Smartphone / Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to SSD
The system BIOS has multiple options, we recommend NOT TOUCH ANYTHING to avoid activating any function that may brick the system. If we have problems we can use the BIOS reset button on the front.
Networks, Storage, RAM and Ports
In the network adapters section of the Beelink GKmini mini PC we have an integrated Wifi ac + BT 4.2 (Intel 3165) wireless adapter and one Gigabit Ethernet port. We tested the storage speed of the SATA M.2 disk installed by default and observed that it behaves normally. We also tested the 8 GB of DDR4 2400 MHz RAM that comes standard in Singel Channel, since it has only one module, it cannot be put in Dual Channel.
- Network performance: Good speed with two internal Wifi antennas. / Range 41 dBm, OK. / Bluetooth OK.
- Tutorials mini PC: Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to a SSD / Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks
Processor, performance and thermal
In the Beelink GKmini mini PC we have installed an Intel Celeron J4125 processor manufactured at 14nm with two cores and four threads that moves between 2.1 and 4.1 GHz and an Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU up to 750 MHz with 23 EU. This chip has a staggered consumption of 10W TDP, the results are correct within this sector, as we see for its price does not compete with more expensive Intel Core or AMD Ryzen processors. A mini PC that works well for browsing, multimedia playback with KODI, office use and even simple editing applications.
- If you want to know some models in this comparative you can read their detailed reviews on this link.
As we can see in the performance tests of the Beelink GKmini it is quite equal in computing power with other processors of similar range, we can not expect more than a basic Celeron. The installed Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU does not reach the performance of AMD’s Vega and we have to limit ourselves to light games.
As for the thermal aspect the system keeps the temperatures controlled with its fan at fixed RPM, it always has the same rhythm on desktop or in games, it is not annoying. The 14 nm are efficient, but they are already surpassed by Intel’s 10 nm. If we start playing demanding titles we have the temperature peak.
- Power consumption: Off 0.9W / Standby 3W / Basic usage 9W / Max. 18W.
- Thermal: Idle 39ºC / Basic use 45ºC / Maximum 70ºC / CPU 2.7 GHz max / Performance up to 100%.
- Gaming performance: LoL 72ºC / CPU 2.7 GHz on average.
- Noise: 37dBA Min – 39dBA Max / Fixed RPM / NO Semi-passive.
- Fans: NOT adjustable in BIOS.
We passed our gaming performance test on the Beelink GKmini and the results are in line with this type of product, the Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU is only suitable for simple games and some somewhat demanding games with very low graphics settings. As for emulators at most we are left with some simple GC titles and the like.
- Setting: High quality / 1080p resolution / No VSync / Play emulators with RetoArch.
* On models with integrated Intel HD GPU on low and 720p resolution.
We can play titles like LoL, but in more demanding games like Fornite with the graphics settings in performance mode it is not playable because it does not reach 30fps in decent quality. In titles with a similar level of demand we will also have to adjust them to low quality or pass 720p resolution. If we are mainly interested in the Gaming section is better to go for a mini PC with a discrete GPU.
VIDEO AND AUDIO TESTS
For the video playback test the Beelink GKmini mini PC has an integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU which has a VPU with hardware support for HEVC and VP9, do not have support for the new codec AV1. In this processor it has support for 10bit color, but it does not have native HDR support by default and reduces colors to SD level. This mini PC is perfectly valid as a multimedia system to use KODI, IPTV or to use it with PLEX.
- Video outputs: Double output HDMI 1.4K@30fps / Adjust image quality in our TV.
- Audio outputs: HDMI up to 7.1 / Stereo audio jack.
- Tutorials: 4K videos with HEVC, VP9 / Install KODI with add-ons / Auto refresh rate / Multichannel audio on Windows
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK (SW)|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK, SD color|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK, SD color|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||OK, SD color|
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bit rate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter or the limitations with our SAMBA Network.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Dolby||5.1 / Plus = OK || True HD / Atmos = Core|
|DTS||5.1 / MA = OK || HR / X = Core|
- PCM – Stereo only doing downmix from DD or DTS
- Core – Only the core of the format is played back with what we passed to the Dolby / DTS base system
* Our AV receiver does not support these native formats, but we verify that it is played back to 7.1
In the streaming aspect the Beelink GKmini mini PC with the most popular streaming services we pass some test for Youtube, Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime Video and others with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to see content in FullHD or 4K quality.
- Performance: Has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on Youtube.
- Tutorial: Install Addons in KODI in a simple way / LibreELEC for PC
|Streaming service||Video / Audio|
|Youtube||4K (2160p) / 5.1|
|Netflix||4K (2160p) / 5.1 / Netflix guide for PC|
|HBO||FullHD (1080p) / Estéreo / HBO guide for PC|
|Disney+||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Disney+ guide for PC|
|Amazon Prime Video||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Prime Video guide for PC|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Estéreo|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080i) / Estéreo|
CONCLUSIONS AND BUY LINKS
As we have seen, the Beelink GKmini mini PC is a mini PC with interesting features for home use, multimedia and desktop applications. A computer that integrates an Intel UHD Graphics 600 GPU, two HDMI 1.4 video outputs and Gigabit Ethernet port for transferring large files. We also have a practical VESA bracket to hang it behind a screen and have it very discreetly in our office or behind the TV.
The small Beelink GKmini has an M.2 2280 SATA disk and also allows us to increase the internal storage thanks to the possibility of adding a 2.5″ SATA 3 disk. In addition we have 8 GB RAM memory in a replaceable SODIMM slot. With this configuration we can use Windows 10 and other programs quite smoothly without any problems. Overall an interesting mini PC for users who want a mini PC with small dimensions.
As we see the Beelink GKmini is a small, efficient and discreet computer. A sufficient product for many users, the experience of this brand in the sector is noted, certainly a valid system for desktop use, HTPC or server 24/365.
Where to buy