Beelink U59 is a new compact computer of the Beelink brand that today we present its analysis or review, a small mini PC that allows desktop and multimedia use with very low power consumption.
This small PC integrates the new Intel Celeron N5095 processor manufactured in 10 nm that brings improvements in efficiency over the previous generation of 14 nm. Inside its case you can mount 8/16 GB of RAM DDR4, a drive M.2 SATA 256/512 GB and also has multiple connection ports with dual video output. The installed operating system is Windows 10 Pro but can be upgraded without problems directly to Windows 11. Let’s see how this device performs in our review and how it fares against the competition.
Unboxing Beelink U59
The new mini PC Beelink U59 comes in a simple but well protected cardboard box. Inside we find the small protected computer with its contents, manual, 2x HDMI cable, VESA bracket and 12V 3A (36 W).
The small Beelink U59 computer features a classic Beelink design inspired by the Intel NUC. On the front we have a status LED integrating the power button, internal BIOS reset button, audio in/out jack, USB-C data (NOT power) and two USB 3.0 Type-A ports. On the rear we find two USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 2x HDMI 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet and for power supply we have a round DC port.
Inside this PC we find the M.2 2230 Wifi ac + BT 4.2 adapter (Intel AC 3165) with two internal antennas, we also have installed a 512GB M.2 2280 SATA disk and for RAM we have two SODIM DDR4 slots up to 2999 MHz.
- RAM: 8/16 GB DDR4 2999MHz max / 2x SODIMM.
- Storage: 256/512 GB 1x M.2 2280 SATA / 1x SATA 3 2.5″.
- Network: Wifi ac + BT 4.2 (M.2 2230 Intel AC 3165) / 1x Gigabit Ethernet (Realtek)
SYSTEM AND PERFORMANCE
Environment and user experience
We start the Beelink U59 PC by pressing the front power button and as the specifications indicate we have Windows 10 Pro 64bit that is activated when connected to the internet, we have drivers installed correctly and we update it without problems using the official image of Windows 11. The system moves smoothly in a basic desktop use, it is possible to load a good number of tabs navigation without slowdowns. A PC totally valid for office, multimedia and that we can easily expand thanks to its configuration.
- OS Version installed: Windows 10 Pro 64bit / Windows 11 compatible .
- Software pre-installed: None.
- Tutorials: Control the micro PC with your Smartphone / Install Windows 11 / Migrate Windows to SSD
Networks, Storage, RAM and Ports
In terms of network connectivity, the Beelink U59 PC has a Wifi aC + BT 5.0 wireless adapter (Intel AC 3165) and a Gigabit Ethernet port (Realtek). The results in speed are quite good and we have a correct range.
- Network performance: Two internal Wifi antennas / Range 40 dBm / Link 5G 780 Mbps / Bluetooth OK.
We tested the storage speed of the M.2 SATA disk installed by default and observed that it behaves normally. For the performance tests we installed 16 GB of RAM DDR4 2133 MHz with Dual Channel configuration.
- USB ports: USB 3.1 Type-C (data, NO power) / 4x USB 3.0
- Micro PC tutorials: Install Windows 10 / Migrate Windows to a SSD / Tutorial SAMBA on Android networks
Processor, performance and thermal
The Beelink U59 mini PC is driven by an Intel Celeron N5095 processor manufactured in 10 nm with four cores and four threads that moves between 2 and 2.9 GHz and in the graphics section we have an Intel UHD Graphics GPU up to 750 MHz. This chip has a stepped power consumption of only 15 W TDP and the performance results outperform its previous generation, the GPU performance is limited for light multimedia and gaming use. This computer works well for browsing, multimedia playback with KODI, office use, good editing applications and basic 3D games.
- If you want to know some models in this comparative you can read their detailed reviews on this link.
The performance tests of the Beelink U59 as we can see improves quite a lot compared to similar processors manufactured in 14 nm, it is not a revolution but a positive step. The GPU installed Intel UHD Graphics as we can see is limited, although it is a considerable improvement over the previous version with a larger lithography.
This mini PC offers good thermal performance, the system keeps the temperatures controlled with its variable RPM fan and emits very little noise, at rest it is almost inaudible and in games it is audible but does not raise much more noise. This processor with its 10 nm is efficient and should not worry us in this aspect.
- Power consumption: Off 0.9W / Idle 8W / Basic use 11W / Maximum 23W.
- Thermal: Idle 40ºC / Basic use 42ºC / Maximum 68ºC / CPU 2.1 GHz max / Performance up to 100%.
- Gaming performance: LoL 69ºC / CPU 2.4 GHz on average.
- Noise: 36 dBA Max / Variable RPM / NO Semi-passive.
We passed our performance test on games on the Beelink U59, we have some results are in line with this type of GPU integrated into the Ryzen, the Intel UHD Graphics GPU is suitable for games in 1080p or 720p quality depending on the 3D load, it is not suitable for heavy AAA games with a lot of 3D element. As for emulators at most we are left with some simple Wii titles and the like. If we are going to play games, Dual Channel RAM is a MUST.
- Setting: High quality / 1080p resolution / No VSync / Play emulators with RetoArch.
* On models with integrated Intel HD GPU on low and 720p resolution.
It is possible to play titles like LoL with a good frame rate, in more demanding games like Fornite with the graphics settings in performance mode is little playable because it reaches 30 fps but it is not very stable. If we are mainly interested in the Gaming section it is better to go for a PC with a discrete GPU, we will have a much smoother experience.
VIDEO AND AUDIO TESTS
In terms of video playback capability the Beelink U59 PC has an integrated Intel UHD Graphics GPU which features a VPU with hardware support for HEVC and VP9 codecs and we do not have support for the modern AV1 video codec. In this processor has support for 10bit color and native HDR support by default. This PC is perfectly valid as a multimedia system to use KODI, IPTV or to use it with PLEX.
- Video outputs: 2x HDMI 2.0 / HDR / Adjust image quality in our TV.
- Audio outputs: HDMI up to 7.1 / Stereo audio jack.
- Tutorials: 4K videos with HEVC, VP9 / Install KODI with add-ons / Auto refresh rate / Multichannel audio on Windows
|h.264 / 1080i / 8bit||OK|
|h.264 / 1080p / 4K / 8bit||OK (SW)|
|h.264 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 1080p / 10bit (anime)||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|h.265 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P1 / 4K / 8bit||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 4K / 10bit HDR||OK|
|VP9 P2 / 8K / 10bit HDR||Frameskip (SW)|
|AV1 / 4K@24fps / 10bit||Frameskip (SW)|
|Max. Bitrate||100 Mbps = 12,5 MB/s|
- * The maximum bit rate depends on the internal storage, usb port, Ethernet adapter or the limitations with our SAMBA Network.
- SW = does not have hardware acceleration and may have some frameskip in very heavy files.
|Native||Dolby 5.1 – Plus / DTS 5.1 – Master Audio|
|Core||Dolby HD – Atmos / DTS HR – X|
- Native – Supports the format directly in our AV receiver or similar / More info.
- Core – Only the 5.1 core of the format is played so we go to the Dolby or DTS base system / More info.
- PCM – Only stereo downmixing from DD or DTS.
We test the Beelink U59 micro PC with the most popular streaming services we pass some test for Youtube, Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime Video and others with their native apps or using the most compatible browser. You can consult our guides where we explain in detail all the best known streaming services, how to configure them and what requirements are necessary to see content in FullHD or 4K quality.
- Performance: Has hardware acceleration for VP9 4K codec on Youtube.
- Tutorial: Install Addons in KODI in a simple way / LibreELEC for PC
|Streaming service||Video / Audio|
|Youtube||4K (2160p) / 5.1|
|Netflix||4K (2160p) / 5.1 / Netflix guide for PC|
|HBO Max||FullHD (1080p) / Estéreo / HBO Max guide for PC|
|Disney+||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Disney+ guide for PC|
|Prime Video||FullHD (1080p) / 5.1 / Prime Video guide for PC|
|Apple TV+||4K (2160p) / 5.1 / Apple TV+ Guide|
|DAZN||HD (720p) / Stereo|
|IPTV||FullHD (1080i) / Stereo|
CONCLUSIONS AND BUY LINKS
After analyzing the Beelink U59 there is no doubt that the new Intel Celeron N5059 processor manufactured in 10 nm is a good improvement over the previous generation in 14 nm. This computer offers enough power for regular desktop use, it also has two 4K video outputs and Gigabit Ethernet port for transferring large files. A device that allows you to place it anywhere on your desktop in a totally discreet way or hang it from its VESA bracket.
The Beelink U59 mini PC has a M.2 2280 SATA disk as well as allowing us to mount a SATA 3 2.5″ disk, we also have two SODIMM slots that allow up to 32 GB RAM memory integrated on board. With this configuration we can upgrade and use Windows 11 properly to browse or consume multimedia. The cooling system works well and we did not observe any loss of performance due to overheating, the internal blower fan is fortunately quiet on the desktop, during games you can hear something but it is not very annoying.
As we can see the Beelink U59 is a new efficient and quiet mini PC. This small PC is enough to browse, consume multimedia or use office applications without problems.
Where to buy